Xactimate Manipulation

Hey Guys,

I keep running into adjusters stating that their company policy (not insured property insurance policy) states which line items they can approve on xactimate. Now, I know I am not bound to their company policy and my company’s policy states using the properly described line item. Things like starter actual starter strip and not using shingles. Actually detaching the AC unit and not lifting it. Actual ridge cap and not cutting shingles, etc.

How are others overcoming this? I don’t want to demand desk appraisal on every damn claim to settle this nonsense. Doesn’t this violate regulation on insurance price fixing?

Thank you in advance.

The insurance company has their own guidelines on which XM8 line items the adjuster can use. Varies from carrier to carrier. There is some wiggle room depending on the situation. If you are talking about the starters and they say its included in the waste factor-that is what it is. Same with ridge (at least that’s the argument.) If the adjuster uses unapproved line items-they get reviewed as well and get graded accordingly.

Thanks for the reply! That’s my point I guess. What does that have to do with me and my company? The guidelines are price fixing by using the wrong line item intentionally. Like labor hours instead of a D&R, field shingles for ridge, and starter, etc. I’m not in their “contractor network” so their estimating guidelines have not been agreed upon by my independent company.

There has to be some way to correct this nonsense.