Water from Metal Valleys shooting over the eavestrough's?

I recently had metal V type Valleys put into my roof over top of the old non metal Valleys. Since, whenever it rains the rain slides down the metal valleys and does not go into the eaves, instead it shoots over the eaves and onto my front porch like a water falls. Does anyone know how to stop this and redirect the water into the eaves??

Thanks for your response in advance

Normally there is a deflector that is installed on the gutters outside edge to stop water runoff. Whom ever installed the metal valleys should have made sure this was in place after he did his work. Its kida part of the deal with metal. But not every company does that type of work. Hope that answers your questions.

This is also called a backsplash. Here in Texas, they usually cost about $ 15.00 per miter & includes the backsplash.

BTW, I always find it funny (ha-ha) when someone calls them “eavestroughs” vs. gutters. But that’s me.

I’m guessing the OP is English or Canadian?

Hi,

There are splash guards to put there.

Over time this will slow down. After a sunny month the water will slow down. The surface tension will increase with age.

Not every roof needs a valley splash guard. We install them just to be safe.

We sometimes have to take them off. They may collect more debris and cause more water damage then the water running off the front of the gutter.

:?
What?

Hi,

Are you looking for a response?

Just wondering what time and surface tension have to do with water flowing down a metal valley.

Help me to clarify for my roofing bretheren…

Is this a fully exposed “W” valley or is it metal under shingles & a closed valley?

Hi,

When the metal is new the finish is slicker [for lack of a better word]. A month in the sun and the finish will become duller. Not to the eye.

When the newness wears off. Water will hold on to the metal longer. Thus more of the water will enter the gutter.

I am not saying that the problem will disappear. It will lessen. Some cases will disappear.

What Lefty is getting at is that grit and dirt will build up on the metal causing more friction as the water travels down the valley. This will slow the water. Sort of like the difference between walking on a metal roof and an asphalt shingled roof.
If the metal is curved into the gutter at the bottom of the valley, the surface tension will help to guide the water into the gutter. This is the basic idea behind the gutter/leaf guards. More pressure and volume of water will cause more turbulence and less laminar flow, thus sending the water out and over the edge of the gutter. This also relates to the way airflow acts as it enters an attic space.

BTW, I always find it funny (ha-ha) when someone calls them “eavestroughs” vs. gutters. But that’s me.

RHR,

I always thought gutters were what they swept the students out of on Sixth Street on Friday morning. :?

ask your roofer.
there may be a reason he/she is making the heavy water
not go in the gutter.
i prefer all the heavy water to by-pass gutters, water diverters , scuppers , collector heads, etc.
cause alot of times they cant handle the amount of water when its rain hard.

stay in the damn house when its poorin.

gweedo.

ditto axium again.

the metal portion of the valley should over hang into the gutter two inchs any more will mean the water isint gettin to enter the gutter so will be giving u this over shoot or could also be your gutter aint able to cope with the amount of water its takin .