Thatch roofing?

This is going to be a REAL long shot but maybe someone has Caribbean experience. We own a condo in Belize and the HOA is considering changing out our real thatch with a synthetic product called Endureed. Anyone know anything? I know it’s out of our area but maybe some of you Florida roofers have run into it?

Are you going to use a GAF Master Elite installer to install composite thatch?

1 Like

I don’t know anything about thatch roofing but at least I know who to call when I’m looking for somebody to stay with when I vacation in Belize. :grinning:

1 Like

That’s a good question keep it low but I don’t think Belizeans believe in that warranty either.

Authentic, you are welcome to stay ONLY if you promise no roofing talk while on vacation!

2 Likes

What if he wants to supplement his stay?

2 Likes

You know he will and from what I’ve seen on here he’d probably be successful!

You could count on that.

2 Likes

A number of yrs ago we did one at the zoo (Santa Ana, CA) for a new monkey exhibit if i recall. I know we had a bunch of extra left over in the warehouse for yrs, we moved offices and it got trashed. It utilized real 6" diameter bamboo cut in half as the ridge and hip cap.

If i remember it was attached using cables but i can’t be sure. I do not remember the manufacturer but i think it was shipped in from FL. Endureed sure looks similar to what we did though.