Supplements, Supplements, Supplements Help

Hey guys I have a new PA on staff, very green to the roofing industry. We are in chicago and were hit with a huge hail storm. Ins is not wanting to pay for I/W, starter, dumpster, and P/L. Any strategies you have used to negociate?

I thought that the requirement for being a PA was to be knowledgeable about the subject that is being advocated for the homeowner. I’m surprised that any homeowner would agree to use a PA pay their fee and them not being the expert.

Illinois is one of the only states I know of, that allows contractors to also be licensed public adjusters and participate in the project, they adjust.

The PA schools out here focus on law not inspections and supplements unfortunately
I was hoping to get some strategies for supplementing

supplementing isnt a schooling topic. Thanks for your input

Look up the local code for the building. Type City of ****** building code and it usually comes up.

If that document says anywhere that - Manufactures warranty / standards required - you need to highlight it.

Find the manufactures requirements. GAF has a pro field guide online that is awesome, other companies have documents as well. Highlight the relevant parts.

Boom you now have in writing why these things are required to be paid for, assuming you have code coverage on the building. If they deny you ask for a reason in writing.

With that denial in writing and the evidence for your claim ANY lawyer will have an open and shut case for abuse by the insurance company.

Good luck.

I am offering a training class this Friday starting at 8:00 AM EST. Go to Link to Training Class Information to learn more. Contact me at mark@restorationai.com for more information.

Do a search for me here if you want to check my creds and determine my capabilities to teach supplement training. Learning Xactimate is great but it does little to help you understand what you need to do to supplement properly. I teach the methods I’ve used for over 10 years in my own company averaging well over 20% increases in the original Insurance Scope of Loss.

1 Like

Are you going to do another training?0

I actually have been thinking about it. Are you ready to deposit $750 to reserve a spot? If so, please provide your email and I will send you a request for payment from PayPal. I was thinking Friday August 9 starting at 9:00 AM EST. Would finish around 2:00 PM. You can email me direct. mark@restorationai.com You can also look at what is included in the classes at www.facebook.com/restorationai

If you have questions, feel free to call me. Mark Craney 317-432-1971