SILCO Shingles?

I just had a new roof put on. I was told it would be Owens Corning shingles but when the shingles arrived they were marked as “Silco Roofing Products”. I can’t find any information online. Has anyone heard of that brand and is it affiliated with OC?

I’ve been around a long time and have never heard of that brand. Sounds like a private label. I’d be interested in a shot of the label that says where they were manufactured. Did you get a warranty?

1 Like

Donl is correct. If I’m not mistaken, those are repackaged Owens Corning shingles. I dont know if they carry warranty. Most repackaged or x-out shingles are not grade A product. You might try contacting OC roofing division. I’ve seen them. It’s a white package with sort of a charcoal, angled writing.

I just dug up the wrapping from the trash. It’s labeled “Silco Roofing Products” and states that it is not affiliated with any manufacturer and carries no warranty. Looks like I am having a talk with the roofer tomorrow. I was under the impression I was getting a new roof with a 30 year warranty.

I am curious. What did the roofer tell you? Do the shingles carry some sort of a warranty? How did they come about buying these shingles, as I cannot find them online.