Sagging roof. truss llates. pictures

Here a picture of a house a customer wants a qoute on fixing. He wants to have the truss plates fixed. Not exactly sure how to do this. Im going to ask my friend who’s a licensed carpenter to take a look and give me a qoute. The customer want presidential shake shjngles installed.

Here’s another picture.

Here the exterior. Looks to be he has already had the top roof done? He just wants the lower garage area in shadow black presidential shake.

Add a web under the splice.

If those are pressed in plates you will destroy the wood trying to remove them.

They can be removed though, you would need to get under and edge with end nippers and carefully roll the old plate back ( I used to build trusses way back when).

There are nailable plates available but you would still need to push the truss up first.

With a web it would have to deflect the bottom cord to sag again.

If Authentic Dad chimes in do what he says.

[quote="-Axiom-"]Add a web under the splice.

If those are pressed in plates you will destroy the wood trying to remove them.

They can be removed though, you would need to get under and edge with end nippers and carefully roll the old plate back ( I used to build trusses way back when).

There are nailable plates available but you would still need to push the truss up first.

With a web it would have to deflect the bottom cord to sag again.

If Authentic Dad chimes in do what he says.[/quote]

Thanks. Ill look into that.

Go into the attic with a small hydraulic jack, a strong drill and some 2 x 6.

Jack up the rafters a little beyond level, screw 4 foot long 2 x 6 into the sides of the rafters.

Two foot left and two foot right of the center of the plates. Right over the plates.

When you let the jack down it should be level. You can also put some bracing from the ceiling joists to the roof rafters.

Lay those bundles down real slow when you put the roof on.

Go into the attic with a framing nail gun and 4 foot lengths of 2x4.
one 4 foot piece for each truss.
Your going to stick the 4 footer right next to the old truss centered over the plates.
carpenters call it a "sister"
push up the roof straight and then nail it well.

So how do you push it back up straight?
take a piece of 2x4 about a foot and a half long.
screw it with one screw into the part of the truss on the bottem that is holding your ceilings sheetrock.
The 2x4 being vertical wedged between the ceiling part of the truss and the roof sheeting part of the truss
then I would literally kick it (and/or use hammeer)to wedge the roof up and then nail my 2x sister at the same time.

keep using the same small piece of 2x as a temporary wedge for each truss.
safer and faster than balancing and working a jack in the attic