Roofing underlayment

And I’ve seen shiny warranties amount to a pile of garbage almost every time they came into play. If the homeowner is properly informed, which we make sure of, they can choose to use our company or elect to go with a Master Elite Gaf program. By the way, Malarkey and OC only require two of their accessories to be used to obtain their warranty.
P.S. We are never the low bidder and rarely even the middle.

1 Like

Roofers sell roofs salesmen sell warranties.

1 Like

The manufacturer i use offers a 15 year 100% coverage warranty, if using mismatched products.
Most roofs I replace are in the 20year range,occasionally 25 odd one a bit longer.
I don’t think that’s gonna change.

You know how fast i discuss the shingle warranty with the homeowner during the proposal?
About 3 seconds.
I point to the area on the contract
Where it shows “lifetime” warranty on the shingles.
Literally Just long enough to point and say
“Lifetime warranty on the shingles”
Then at the end of the job, i sell my self to do the job again in 20 years.
So i let my customers know that their
“Lifetime warranty” from the manufacturer is all smoke and mirrors.
Now that is honesty.
Why give the homeowner false hope
And them be so disappointed with their roof when it fails in 20 years and then they are contacting you to fight with the shingle manufacturer.

I dont want that.
I want them to be happy and to expect the real realistic timeframe of around 20 years
And me to replace it again at that time.

1 Like

Roof lover and Axiom,

Sounds like our sales techniques are very similar. One thing many of my potential customers hear right out of the gate is “I am the worlds worst warranty salesman regarding materials”. I then proceed to educate them on what to expect from a roof system, based on real world experience NOT deceptive literature. They always appreciate our candor and often we get referrals from people when we didn’t even get the job.

1 Like

I do the same, it’s lot easier being straight up with people. Giving estimates while dirty, sweaty, and maybe some fresh blood usually locks them in. Homeowners generally don’t want to buy a roof from a trained monkey in a suit singing and dancing …

1 Like