Roofing Sales?

I park in the driveway every time.
I never ring the doorbell.
I bring the home owner outside, before going inside.
I smile and act enthusiastic.
I listen before I talk.
Sometimes I talk about anything else but roofing until I’m ready to talk about roofing. = )
I mirror body language.
I ask questions in such a way to get a yes instead of a no.
I inform the home owner how business is going to be conducted. I’m in charge in other words.
I never ever, EVER meet with only the wife or husband alone.

I’m always closing.
I speak in past tense.

Gotta go, my supply rep just showed up! LOL

How many of you salesmen go up on the roof or have a ladder? I am told by many that I was the only estimator who went up on the roof. How many take rooftop pictures to show them? It says a thousand words. You must be sincere,care and have a passion for your work. Oh yes most important sales tip “keep your word and deliver what you promise.”

RooferJim
"never underestimate the ingenuity of a rain drop." ancient roofing proverb.

I always go up on the roof to measure it, but seeing I’m a single father who loves is daughter like a mad man. I don’t climb anything over a 10/12 anymore. Those roofs are measured from the ground. = )

I measure houses out all the time.
How may of you sell the big time contractors? Huh tell me. I dont but ive seen it be done.
Ive sold to small time contractors. To real estate agents. Everybody. Im still in my prime and never dropped a dime.

Well lets see, Im 35 a square is not my cup of tea buster. I have sold to presidents for colleges down to the normal line worker. I have sold roofs that cost 3k i have sold them that cost 20k. When you big time builders will stop using IKO shingles and start paying i will never sell them any work. I dont want to work for peanuts. I have a quality thing i have to uphold. I know you dont up in canada. But like you have said you never answered my question. How many squares a day do you have done? WHere i work, there best is 180 of 10/12 and 12/12 1 layer tear off in 1 day minus counter flashing. Whoopies if you can do 40 square of just put on in 1 day. We normally do 3 roofs per crew a day these are tear offs. BTW selling to builders really is not a pat on the back. They buy mostly on price if you did not know that.

Pride is gtp1003 now. I have some questions i posted on this little blog. Email the answers to me and i will get back with you. Kevin

there are some good builders out there that will pay your price. There not all the same just as all roofers are not the same.

RooferJim

if i put on 180 sq a day then id be filthy rich.
by my calculations if a crew i employed did 180 sq a day for five days a week then they would be making
are you ready for it.Fifty nine thousand four hundred and no cents. Again thats $59400.
Thats alot of money.
So your crew must be rolling in money right now.
If they did 180 sq a day for 300 days out of the year thats about, lets see.wow.
Are you ready for again. here it is.
three million five hundred and sixty four thousand and no cents minus. Dame you must be rich by my calculations.
Thats after all material are purchased. Thats just the labour.
You have the richest roorer on this forum. And you are the richest by my calculations.

yep, your calculations are correct…i’m just a poor contractor…i suppose, but my crew of 5 tears off, and puts on roughly 40 squares a day…and they definitely hear praises from me…i’ll settle for my measly $1200. a day…

My crews tear and and install 1 Billion squares per day. top that!! HA :twisted:

[quote=“roofing buster”]

if i put on 180 sq a day then id be filthy rich.
by my calculations if a crew i employed did 180 sq a day for five days a week then they would be making
are you ready for it.Fifty nine thousand four hundred and no cents. Again thats $59400.
Thats alot of money.
So your crew must be rolling in money right now.
If they did 180 sq a day for 300 days out of the year thats about, lets see.wow.
Are you ready for again. here it is.
three million five hundred and sixty four thousand and no cents minus.
Dame you must be rich by my calculations.
Thats after all material are purchased. Thats just the labour.
You have the richest roorer on this forum. And you are the richest by my calculations.
These calculations are on a new roof and on a flat 6/12. GtP1003 was talking about 12/12. If i did my calculation on a reroof 12/12 it would be probally double that.
Why is he wasting his time talking to some lowly roofers when hes rolling in the green.[/quote]

hello,
GTP, Please email me when you have time at: ldk@ldkconstruction.com ,would gladly use your sales exp. Thanks Matt

LDK like i have stated about 100 times you must email me first. I do not have the time to email everyone nor the want to. If you want help like i have posted on this exact little blog or post several times you need to contact me. I know nothing about sales at all. I just pretend to. Its fun. I think im going to go and pretend to roof today and sell a job.

Maybe i have lost my mind.

Why noy forget the private emails and talk turkey on sales right here ? unless maybee you think your competitors are on here perhaps.

hes full of mince one of these guys that never gives a straight answer

Well roofer J if you have not noticed yes there is a competitor that lives in the same city. He has posted several times on this exact post. Hell I know nothing bout selling anyways so it does not matter. Scott where is that comming from?

your right GTP I understand. how is your Mom doing?

give the guy a straight answer then

Well roofer j, she passed on may 29th. Scott i told him to email me. WHat more of an answer do you want? Times are slow everywhere. in my state.