Roofer Damage/Bad Install?

Hello! My entire roof was replaced about 5 weeks ago after Hurricane Florence using an insurance claim. To me (not an expert) the new roof isn’t great so I took pictures of the damage the roofers made and the quality of their workmanship.
The roofers damaged almost all of the existing aluminum fascia trim by accidentally nailing through it, they broke a window screen, a small area near a new pipe boot is missing underlayment (approx. 6"x10"), the ridge vent is too short and damaged, the shingle overhang varies from 0.5" to as much as 2" depending on where it is and several of the shingles are damaged. The roofers missed nailing into the plywood along the front peak…nails are in between the roof deck and fascia. The fasica has a lip, no drip edge is required per code in this county of North Carolina.
The regional manager for the company came out yesterday to inspect the roof. He said most of the problems were cosmetic, such as the overhang, damaged shingles and fascia trim but admitted the ridge vent needs to be longer. He said the missing underlayment around boot is fixable by sealing the area around the boot with roofing caulk.
My questions are:
Does the fascia need to be replaced or is it ok that they only intend to “repair” it?
Should they remove the damaged shingles and replace?
Should they add underlayment where its missing around the boot?
I’m only able to post 1 pic since I’m new to this site, this is one area of fascia that was damaged.

The fascia should be able to be bent back into place. Missing underlayment around pipe is lazy but won’t cause an issue. “Fixing” the area by caulking around the pipe is foolish. Eithet remove some shingles and add a piece of underlay or just leave it alone. Window screen should be replaced. Wavy shingle overhang is sloppy but cosmetic only.

Was this work done by a contractor who payed your deductible? (We keep seeing that story on a weekly basis). While not uncommon its still illigal. If thats the case i think most of us are gonna agree you got what you paid for. If thats not the case then we can go into more detail about what should be fixed and what we would say is acceptable.

Work was done by a reputable company with multiple offices around the country. They have an A+ rating with BBB. I got insurance claim money before I hired the company. I think the problems stemmed from the subcontractors rushing to get the job done. I feel a little better reading what you had to say.

“Multiple offices around the country” and “subcontractor “ usually
mean bad things in the areas that we work. Where is the oversight and who checks the jobs?

StormTeam Construction is the company I used. Tried not to use their name here but at this point I’m over it. In this part of the country (maybe everywhere) it’s the white man selling the roof and Mexican subcontractors that install the roof. All but 1 out of 10 roofs were replaced on my street, all done the same way.

Unfortunately that is pretty common in most areas. The company I work for does not use sub contractors and we are proud of that, but at the same time plan on paying more and waiting longer, we are currently selling jobs for July.

Express all of your concerns to the company in writing. Give them some time to rerespond and fix the issues. Let them know you will not release the final payment until you are satisfied.

There is nothing inherently wrong with using subs. I would rather hire a company that used a sub that they had worked with for a long time and had good internal relationships where the owner of the company was a roofer ( who did oversee their own jobs) than a roofing company where the boss sits in a castle, has his own crew in house, that hates him because he doesn’t know how to roof. The name of the company suggests storm chasing, which is a bad thing. The company comes into your area, works, and then leaves, often taking their warranty with them. I get that you say you hired them after the insurance payout, but in our area at least, anything over five grand requires a two part payment: first the depreciated value, and then the rest if it is in fact spent to complete the work. All real roofers know about companies that pay the homeowners deductible, and it is illegal. Their willingness to do so plus the word storm in their name throw big red flags.