Roof Flashing - Whats the best type to use

What type of material is the best to use for (flu) roof flashing around piping?

At Home Depot, Lowe’s, and Menard’s (a local, smaller competitor) I have seen both a galvanized steel flashing and one made of a hard rubber-like material.

The galvanized steel product’s cost about $1.25 more, so I guess it makes sense that it’s the better product. But is it really?

Thanks for your help

If you really want to go all out and never get a call back install a two piece lead flashing vent. Those cost about 4 times more than steel.

What I like to use is a factory baked painted pvc pipe jack. They cost around $10 a pop but look nice.

Whatever you do don’t put plastic on a roof.

Copper is best IMO. Lead has good longevity too but squirrels eat it.