Question about Drip Edges/Gutters

I recently had my roof replaced on a manufactured home with GAF timberland shingles. Now I’m having issues with the gutters leaking. The contractor told me they replaced the drip edges and fascia board but it doesn’t look like it. How hard and expensive would it be to replace the drip edges and fascia at this point?

Might be the camera angle but that roof sure looks too flat to be shingled.

1 Like

And if that shingle is flush on the eave drip edge will not solve your problems. It will only get worse as the shingles curl as they age. Hardest thing to solve on a comp roof since all the water ends up at this point and will go backwards if not delivered properly into the gutter.

This might give you a little better idea of the angle of the roof.

Then how could we correct it. The old roof and gutters never leaked. But now it does and the contractor doesn’t want to return my calls so I’m going to have someone come in fix his mistakes.

From my experience the only way to correct: pull bottom two courses, install drip edge, turn bottom two courses into three courses. Probably most aesthetic is one short course at eave, extending one inch over drip flashing, then two standard courses. If you try an easier fix it most likely won’t work. We have attempted repairs similar to this by installing drip metal extending 4” up roof slope. Capillary action will siphon water beyond this point in certain conditions. It’s already been screwed up, make sure no corners are cut on repair. Hopefully you are able to protect future customers of this company and can file a complaint with CCB.

Thanks for your advice on this. I have already filed a complaint with the state and the BBB. Hopefully no one else will have to deal with them. This has been a nightmare. And getting ready to be more expensive I’m sure. I honestly believe my home was in better shape before they started. Oh and this is a picture of the “new” fascia board that was used.

Gutter installers problem. They left the old drip edge, gutter man didn’t get the back of the gutter behind the drip, and jacked the old drip and shingles up.

1 Like

It was the same contractor that did the roof and gutters. So someone should have known better.

Lower the gutter off the drip and add a gutter flashing.

Will not solve the problem with shingles back from the gutter. When you do a roof do you not address other trades issues that will cause problems with your finished product?

1 Like

the shingles are jacked due to the drip being forced up…

The homeowner doesn’t care they just want it fixed and the roofer is dodging them. The slope is also low with virtually no overhang. Recipe for disaster

I’m a troubleshooter, not into busy work, just viable solutions. Could just go with a tearoff, re-rafter to a 6/12, get some good drainage then…………

By busy work do you mean something that will last 25 years and give owner value for their money? By troubleshooting do you mean a short term solution that will help someone escape a short warranty period? Just curious

A solution that works and doesn’t bankrupt the homeowner. Look at the pic. remove the gutter and there is no problem, other than no gutter. Solution: install gutter properly. I’ve only been roofing for 42 years, so I’m always ready to learn.

Congratulations on your 42 years. That’s a long time.

Thanks! Just blew out the disc between L2-L3, so moving kinda slow til I can get surgery…

Agreed. Whomever re-installed or installed the gutter was an idiot.
And the roofer really should have used a larger face eve drip because it made it hard for the gutter guy to do his job right
If he had known what he was doing.

Is it just me or does that new Facia look like drywall?