Prices

how is the pricing going for everybody. What is just curious of what other people are biding at for an average roof. Customers keep telling me I am higher than others. I am located in Milwaukee WI

as much as you can. If your higher than the other thats a good thing.

I tell my home owners you have to pay for quality. 90% of the time my bid is the highest. At one time 90% of the time my bid was the lowest. With a good reputation and 95% of my work coming referrals I’ve been able to bring my prices up.

For easy one layer roofs the prices start around $300 per square. For 7-9/12’s $350-450. For 10/12’s and steeper $450-500+.

[quote=“dougger222”]I tell my home owners you have to pay for quality. 90% of the time my bid is the highest. At one time 90% of the time my bid was the lowest. With a good reputation and 95% of my work coming referrals I’ve been able to bring my prices up.

For easy one layer roofs the prices start around $300 per square. For 7-9/12’s $350-450. For 10/12’s and steeper $450-500+.[/quote]

i was pretty dead on with that until this year.

i have found that with the so called “not a recession” that no body gives a crap about quality this year!!! i had to drop my prices to win ANY jobs.

Yea i agree marshall. But the goof i was working for did not understand that. WHen you have 2 bids at 150 a square and your at 225 you normally lose. Example: 30 square 4/12 2 layer their price 4500 my price 6750. 2200 is not going to look so good. He does not know i quit yet. I have not told him.

Hi all…I have to agree w/Bennet as much as the market will withstand! I live in an area poluted w/wanna be contractors, and any one w/a nail bag and 1/2 a brain thinks he is a contractor. I have been in the construction trades for 22 years, and I have not been called back to a job for anything but to do more work. I have strong work ethics and a high value in quility. I will not do a job for any price if I think I can’t give the customer 100% satisfaction.I rarely charge an extra, I walk the roof on every estimate and tell people the truth about the plywood under the shingles. I factor the sheet replacement into the contract, and if it is not so I credit them back. I sometimes lose the bid cause the other guy loballs to get the job, then bends em over after the fact. I am about 250.00 for up to 7/12 plus 40 per sheet and 300 over that I get alot of jobs just for showing up when I say I’ll be there. I also will not go over the top! If I cant see the wood is good , I cant guarentee the new shingles to stay where I nail the for the entire life of the roof, I am too old for repete customers,lol.Guys are here as low as 150.00 for anything and shingles alone are 55.00 for gaf/elk 30 yr. where are they goin w/ that…