Liberty Mutual Managed Material Program

Has anyone come up against the following in a Liberty Mutual insurance claim for replacing shingles and how did you handle it? Looks to us like we’re over a barrel. Unless you participate in this, in effect being mandated about what supplier you use, you don’t get the lower price offered.

“This line item includes a shingle material allowance of $67.76 per square, which reflects current market prices in your area. Market prices were verified by MRP’s Managed Material Program. The MRP Managed Material Program allows you (homeowner) or your contractor of choice to have materials delivered directly to your home for installation. For more information on MRP contact them at: delivery NOW@MRP Program.com or 877-949-2444.”

Just got one of those yesterday… my fear is people will start calling in material orders when they see the 800 number, then call me. The price they have listed for my area is pretty high actually

This program seems to be another attempt by a “roofing contractor” that couldn’t really take the contracting business but wanted to stay in industry and absolve himself of any real roofing responsibilty yet somehow be a gatekeeper that makes money off of controlling the money because there is a lot of money to be controlled.

It’s there MadSky program. I believe Hanover is using the same crap. Try finding someone to actually buy the materials from at that rate. Also, it doesn’t do anything for the remainder of the materials. Greed is a horrible thing.

This one was started by a roofer that dominated his part of the roofing market!

under this program doesn’t madsky actuall buy the materials, then you just supply the labor?

If you’re a MadSky participant, yes. Not if you’re doing a LM claim. Then you’re stuck with the BS price and buy your own materials.

I had a Safeco one last week, 3 tab. It said the same thing for $65.?? Some outfit 3 hours away.

Supplement and tell them you are not a member of their stupid MadSky program.

Here is my macro and have NEVER been challenged on it.

RE: Market Prices from Materials Supply Warehouse, LLC & the MRP Program.
As confirmed by the above, the price is for SHINGLES ONLY and do not include felt, starter, hip & ridge, and fasteners.
These additional items are required for a complete roofing system and must be added separately. AS PER deliveryNOW@MRPprogram.com & 877.949.2444

OH YEA.
I put that in my note, then do Delivery, starter, H&R because they are not included and then they revert back to standard pricing for your area in a hurry. It’s actually quite amusing. I’ve also broke EVERYTHING down to material and labor and delivery, bla bla bla and they really don’t quite know what to do.
I even got MRP program dude on the phone while on with an adjuster and that was really funny listening to them stammer and admit that it’s not all inclusive.

Corey
IHASLLC.com

Xactimate Certified
Commercial Roofing Consultant
HAAG Certified Inspector Residential
HAAG Certified Inspector Commercial
California General Contractor #435805
ICC National Standard Roofing Contractor
ICC National Standard General Building Contractor

Great come back, Corey! I know how we’re going to address this now! THANKS!

One of my guys updated my version of the macro and here it is.

RE: Market Prices from Materials Supply Warehouse, LLC & the MRP Program.
As confirmed by the above, the price is for the SHINGLES ONLY and do not include felt, starter, hip & ridge, fasteners, delivery, and roof load as per Xactimate.
"Note: Roofing material components are surveyed as a "roof-stocked" price (as opposed to in-store shelf price). Consideration may be needed for situations such as abnormal material delivery/pick-up, delivery outside of normal range, small material quantities, etc. that result in additional costs. The estimator should verify that the material allowance is sufficient for the actual material and associated delivery costs."
These additional items are required for a complete roofing system and must be added separately. AS PER deliveryNOW@MRPprogram.com & 877.949.2444

That’s good stuff ihas

You do not have to get stuck paying these prices. There is a way to get past this. If anyone needs any help I am in the IL market but the advice can be used anytime facing this. I am with Beacon Roofing Supply and if you guys want to chat feel free to email me to set up a call.

phillip.townsend@alliedbuilding.com