Leak around chimney into my attic

I have a leak in two areas around the cinder block chimney in my attic. I thought it was the flashing so I had a reputable roofing contractor totally replace the old flashing (paid $700). Two weeks later and I still have the leak. Can anyone give advice as to what the cause may be? Is it possible there is separation between the red brick and cinder blocks from the portion of the chimney extending above my roof? Would that require a Mason? Any other ideas or suggestions very much appreciated. I’m an Accountant and no very little about home repair. Thank you.

Some pictures world be helpful. If the flashing did not fix the problem it could be the crown on top needs to be redone or possibly be caused by failed pointing.

Roof flashing around chimney can separate from the brick, allowing rainwater to leak inside the house. To repair loose roof chimney flashing: Clean any leaves or other debris out of the gap between the flashing and chimney. … Apply roofing cement to the joint between the flashing and brick.

No, not how you correctly and permanently repair chimney flashing.

I recently spent over 3 hrs removing something like this to fix a stone chimney, please don’t do this to stone or masonry.

When my axe comes out to remove flashing on a shingle, slate, or tile roof, I get very expensive. Same goes for spray foam.

You sure you got that Stone chimney fixed Axiom??
Hahaha.
I just say No.
In my mind almost every stone wall with living space underneath is done incorrectly.

If they didnt put a great ice and water shield around the entire chimney box framing before they sided it…
I think its wrong and destined to leak.
And i really dont feel like coming by every year trying to find your new crack in the mortar.
Bye!