Leak around Chimney and new flashing

I’m having a leak problem around my chimney (where the chimney goes through the roof in my attic). I had the flashing replaced (copper) and it still leaked. Subsequently I had a Mason inspect the chimney. He did some minor re-pointing and applied water resistant silicon. However, he said the chimney and cap were in good shape (the home is only 15 years old). I had a different carpenter/roofer take another look at the flashing and they noted some areas on the copper flashing that should have been soldered, but had not been. They did the soldering and a couple days later we had 8 hours of heavy rain. The good news is the leaking was much less then previously experienced, but the bad news is there was still some leaking. Basically a few beads of water forming on the north side of the house at the area where chimney goes out of the attic and streaming down. Not heavy, but steady.

I this point I don’t know if it is still a problem with the flashing or if it is saturating through the bricks. The new counter flashing goes up from the roof about three feet so if its saturation, the water really has to travel quite far. This is quite frustrating.

I thought I’d reach out to see if anyone has any thoughts/suggestions. Thank you. I have attached a chimney3 photo.

Difficult to see the flashing from this view. Always check the top of the flashing to make sure it is cut into the mortar or a counter flashing is installed. If no counter flashing, make sure it is securely caulked with a quality sealant. I have experienced leakage from the deck flange not being installed properly.

Thanks, Donl. It does appear that the flashing was properly installed (cut into mortar, sealant, etc.). I’m hoping it is just small spot they missed soldering. They are coming back tomorrow to check it out. Temperature will be in the high teens tomorrow. Not crazy about them doing roof work in that weather, but they claim it is okay. Attached is another photo from the back which shows more of the flashing.

chimney2