Kentucky Line Of Sight Rule

I know there is a line of sight rule in Kentucky but I do not know where to find it. Can anyone help me with this?

0 Likes

If there is such a thing, Google search Kentucky Department of Insurance and look through there. Or call them. The more effective thing to use is “reasonable uniform appearance”. Do not attempt to argue matching. But most policies have language that require a reasonably uniform appearance. And have the HO make the argument, not the Contractor. I assume you’re trying to get an entire roof approved vs a partial approval. The HO has the vested interest, they should demand to be made whole.

0 Likes

Thank you. I do know we have that in Kentucky. We are the contractor and the adjuster only wants to pay for half the roof but most of the roof is visible due to the roof lines. I have left a message for the Kentucky department of insurance and looked through the website but there are a lot of insurance items to look through.

0 Likes

IT is a policy and coverage issue, not your issue. Don’t over think it. Have the HO call their Agent and/or the Adjuster and/or the Adjuster’s Manager and demand they be properly indemnified per their policy. They should ask if it is okay if they pay half their premiums from now on? And point out how replacing half the roof will clearly not provide a reasonably uniform appearance. If the HO doesn’t care enough to fight for it, no idea why you are.

0 Likes