Increasing Sales

I have been in business for 7 years and have been operating off of referrals during this time. I would like to increase my sales and have recently had a web site created and do some adverting in local newspapers. I am curious what some of you business owners have done to increase your sales. Any advice would be appreciated.

1. Hire Sales Representatives and/or Canvassers.
  2. Door hangers with coupons.
  3. Angie’s List.
  4. Mailers.
  5. Groupons.
  6. Radio.
  7. Google optimization.

Someone on another site mentioned sending an inspection letter to previous clients. To the effect of…

Dear Homeowner,
We are scheduling annual inspections on our past projects April 4-11 between the hours of 8AM-5PM. This service is free of charge during this week.

Our inspection is to address any workmanship issues.

Acts of God are excluded.

Please contact our office early for best scheduling.

Roofcheck

1 Like

Posted twice.

It’s all about growing your customer base. The more clients that you leave feeling good about the work you did and the way it was handled the more referrals and repeat business you will get in the future. This should be your goal. They say in order for a roofing business to do really well that you need a minimum of 5 sources of leads. But when you go from referrals only to advertising you will find that your closing rate will drop. If your a big business guru with lots of salesmen paid on commission only then you don’t care about that. All sales just increase your business. However, if your the lone guy doing sales you will go from free leads with a high closing rate to paying ( a lot in some cases ) for leads with a much lower closing rate. Creating a website is a good start but that alone won’t cut the mustard. You must drive traffic to it. You will either have to pay a website optimization company. ( be careful there are many crooks out there that will only take your money and not provide much in return ) or else you must learn how to do it yourself. I do my own. It’s not that difficult.

Creating a website is a good start but that alone won’t cut the mustard. You must drive traffic to it. You will either have to pay a website optimization company. ( be careful there are many crooks out there that will only take your money and not provide much in return ) or else you must learn how to do it yourself. I do my own. It’s not that difficult.

Would you mind sharing your website and some of the steps taken to optimize it?
Regards,
Zen :smiley:

Would you like me to throw in my credit card #, ss. #address , d.o.b too?

Based upon your activity and posts made to date, I doubt anyone expects you to help anyone else or contribute anything useful.

If you don’t like my reply’s just skip to the next one Jerk!

Zen the best way to get potential new clients to your website is using google adwords and the yahoo/bing network. Most people use the google search engine. If you would like to advertise with them online they will be more than happy to teach you how to do it. As long as you have at least some minor computer skills its not that difficult. They have numerous video tutorials and text lessons etc… to help you along the way. The best tip I can give you is that how relevant the page of your website that you are sending people to vs. what those people are typing into the search boxes, combined with your bid per click will determine the position your ad will show up in. ( and the cost you will pay per click ) It’s not something you can just do and be done with it. It takes consistent effort. Best of Luck to you.

Oops, sorry. This is the increasing sales thread. I’m sure your expertise would be a better fit if there were a “Decreasing Sales” thread. Sounds like your good at getting kicked around the marketplace. :badgrin:

If I only had a C-Note for every time a homeowner said “well, im just gonna let you do the roof and call that other company to cancel tomorrow’s appointment.”

LC, during my professional career, I’ve sold well over $100 million in products and services. Excuse me if I’m underwhelmed by your chest beating.

Instead of being critical and telling everyone how great you are, why not at least attempt to contribute something. I’d enjoy learning something from you as I have from so many others here. If you’d get over yourself, lose the chip and quit acting like an arse, you might be surprised by the respect you would be given. Then you wouldn’t have to spend your time posting about your greatness in the good ole days. Personally, I’m more interested in making today and tomorrow good,

Dude, you have to be one of the biggest hypocrites alive! You brag of over 100 million etc… telling others to get over themselves. ROFL

I’m getting a very strong impression you’re not interested in joining my fan club. It’s going to be a struggle for me to deal with that, however, I’m confident I’ll persevere.

Good one!

Thanks for the information guys. I had some door hangers made and am looking forward to see the results that produces. Other companies in my area have put adds on television, have any of you ever tried this? If so, was it worth the expense?

This was a nice change in venue.

nice to share the information

What if you sent that to everyone? Some courtesy, wrong address, calls could be sales; because they like the inspection idea.

Only as little shady?