How to properly repair a coal tar pitch roof

How do you properly repair a cold tar pitch roof with out having a kettle? So basically I’m asking what cold applied products are good solutions to a small puncture or blister.

That make a coal tar based mastic. You can also get pitch base felt and membrane. Koppers was one brand another one was Allied Signal. They actually made a pitch modified but it didn’t sell well from what I heard.

I read on koppers web page that they recommend you use resature to fix the roof. What if I were to just take a kettle out and mop down, three ply a hole and flood coat it?

Not if the kettle is asphalt or bitumen.

You may have some success with a coal tar flood coat, but you would be better off spudding the gravel and applying the coal tar roofing mastic and 3 course a cotton or fiberglass membrane patch over any identified worn out sections first.

Ed

Get some Karnak 229 from Bradco and some pitch felt. Spud and cut out the blister. Give it a wide area. Blow it off, and apply a two ply patch with the pitch felt and Karnak, feather it in, (the bottom layer being smaller than the top) cover with a layer of the Karnak and re-gravel.

“that smell, that green smoke smell…smells like victory”

green smoke get’s in your eyes…
waaaaaaaaaa…now I’m getting all
homesick and nostalgic.

Correction there RoofBoss…

“…smells like Money

Nothing beats the feeling of CTP 1st thing in the morning.

Ed

[quote]green smoke get’s in your eyes…
waaaaaaaaaa…now I’m getting all
homesick and nostalgic.[/quote]

You guys are nutz… :?

now i want my 5 lb hercules mop and two roll men. and im ready to 5 ply!!!