How much should I pay sub-contractors

wow i wouldnt shingle my moms house for that price lol :badgrin:

In Atlanta, I am getting $45/$50/$55. Call it what you want, but my installer gives me a four year labor warranty that he always delivers on. Licensed/insured with plenty of worker’s comp. I wouldn’t dream of paying twice that for the very same quality work and warranty.

60/sq R&R, we provide dump. 10/sq for high and/or steep charge. Excellent clean up and after complete contact.

Twin Cities.

Do any of you guys with some of these prices want to relocate here?

I could become a millionaire very quickly.

[quote=“BAMBAMM5144”]Do any of you guys with some of these prices want to relocate here?

I could become a millionaire very quickly.[/quote]

Until they drive our market down too

Illinois (Not Chicago):

my current crew with their own insurance. They use our truck/trailer and their own, we order materials, we do Q.C., we deal with customers, we get dumpsters. Basically, we do project management. We basically treat them as our employees, except we pay them as a sub. They are responsible for call-backs when we call them, but everything goes through us. Like I said, it’s our company according to everyone else. They are our employees according to everyone else, we just pay them as a sub because it’s easier and cheaper than if we had to pay taxes and ins. on them at an hourly rate (although we still pay a smaller sub rate for ins)

up to 6/12 - $75
7-20/12 - $95
over 20/12 - $130

includes 1 layer t.o.; i&w eaves, valleys, penetrations and walls; felt; ode; cap; on-roof vents; stacks;

additional layers - $5

additional for sheeting, chimneys, skylights, siding tie-ins, break work, etc.

that’s about average for what I’ve paid others in the past too. New construction: take a 1/4 of the price off for no t.o., another 1/4 of price off for no dry-in.

Dallas, TX here,

and the pricing seems to vary wildly based on whether your crew is legal, has experience of maybe just bought a trailer, and what they think the insurance pays. I pay $50/sq walkable with $5/sq 7-9, $5 10-12, and $5 12+, $10 2/3 story, and $10/sq for each extra layer.

bids I got when looking for a good crew were anywhere from $35 (no felt removal, 3 nails) to $60 (had insurance, trailer, onsite manager, and charged $10/ft for ridge vent)

Anyone else around Dallas area getting similar pricing, or is my $50 a steal right now?
Thanks!! :smiley:

I know first hand that the insurance companies and their attorneys monitor this site and much of what we post could potentially be used against us in the future.

Giving the enemy ammo seems like a bad way to win the war…

I would urge everyone to edit their posts and communicate or share this information in a more private manner.

[quote=“ALLTEXRoofing”]I know first hand that the insurance companies and their attorneys monitor this site and much of what we post could potentially be used against us in the future.

Giving the enemy ammo seems like a bad way to win the war…

I would urge everyone to edit their posts and communicate or share this information in a more private manner.[/quote]

While I am sure that is true, the question was only about pricing for subcontractors specifically for roofing replacement, and doesn’t include any other costs inherent in the work like dump fees, permits, food, or supervisory costs required to do the job. They can monitor all they want but in the end, unless they want to make a database of each individual roofer and compile it to make it available for all the adjuster to look up, then I don’t see things getting out of hand.

Just my two cents, not certain about any of it.

These guys must have homeless or crackheads doing their roofs for 45-75 a square. I sub for sears they pay $155 a square up to 8/12 $15.80 each pitch higher, they pay by the linear foot for drip edge, step flashing, and counter flashing. A set price for each pipe boot, chimney, skylight, etc.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.