How much is your workmans comp

i just got my workmans comp insurance and i was wondering how much the price varied across the country.

I pay $40 on every $100 I pay to my employees

i cant belive it actually let me log in for the first time in 2008!!..anywho…after all the hidden fees and what not i pay 51%.

Marshall Exteriors,

You might want to check out this thread on another forum, where both I and TRG referred your company being in the same proximity of this home owner. It looks like a decent roof to wind up getting.

The OP’s user name is tdoggy and is still near the top of the roofing question forum.

diychatroom.com/showthread.p … +exteriors

Ed

i pay about 44 dollars for every 100 on my payroll.

[quote=“ed the roofer”]Marshall Exteriors,

You might want to check out this thread on another forum, where both I and TRG referred your company being in the same proximity of this home owner. It looks like a decent roof to wind up getting.

The OP’s user name is tdoggy and is still near the top of the roofing question forum.

diychatroom.com/showthread.p … +exteriors

Ed[/quote]

i checked out the thread. they are about 1 1/2 hrs from me. but thanks for the lead.

in nanaimo worksafe bc charges me $13 per hun

We have been quoted for workmans comp here in Western Oregon.

Keep in mind Oregon is one of a small number of states left in the country where there is no sales tax.

We were told it would run us about $11,000.00 a year for two full-time 40/hr a week roofing employees. That particular policy also requires about $4,000.00 down upfront to get the policy going.

We were told that anytime you take an employee 6ft above the ground, the price of insurance skyrockets.

Best of luck for you in 2008. Always put safety first. Im sure you know that, but obviously many roofers dont take their safety programs that seriously otherwise the insurance premiums would be lower. Its unsafe roofers that hurt the rest of us that work hard to roof safely.

where the heck is that?

[quote=“marshall exteriors”]

where the heck is that?[/quote]

I run central island roofing in Nanaimo BC
We are located on Vancouver Island about midway up island 30 miles or so across the straight of georgia from Vancouver.
here steep slope roofing is one of the highest rates that worksafe charges. A electrician I know pays under 2 dollars per hun. I don’t feel so bad now. Its sounds pretty hard down there. I did my liability yesterday 1050 per year 94 per month, on under 100k per year expected, no hot shingles only. I feel for the roofers back east this year with all the snow back there. our winters are not as bad as that, rains allot, our hockey team chokes, etc. theres a big boom around here with the olympics around the corner. lots of new work. people don’t seem to mind the paper getting wet so theres always something to do in the rain. The hard part for me is getting my name out there. stepped on my first roof in 93, and decided to go my own way in the last month. Came accross this site in feb, good forum, good people by the sound of it, good advice.

sounds like i need to move to canada and get comp and liability!! :shock:

46.9% of payroll for comp, 17% for liability.

Every time I write a check to them I feel as though I have been robbed… :twisted:

$ 5.00 an Hour.

Your workers’ comp will vary based on exactly what you are doing, how high from the ground you are- even what state you are working in.

If you need help deciphering all of the workers’ comp information out there, give me a call. I work with over 30 companies who can help reduce your costs and save you time on employee administration.

It’s my passion to help contractors get the extra push they need during these difficult times. Call me, I’m easy to talk to and ready to help. Thanks for your time, I’m looking forward to talking to you!

Mike
1-888-582-8388