How do you build the roofs wood structure in US?
I am putting together a materials section in my website https://roofing-area-calculator.com/materials#wood-calculator
I found out how they are building roofs in Romania but I imagine it is quite different in US.
I spoke with some guys and they told me how they are calculating their materials:
"Traditional romanian roof calculator (very simple structure).
- beams structure 10 x 10 x 400 cm throughout
- covered with a 2.5 cm thick wooden board
- then a waterproof membrane (like PVC or Bitumen)
- then smaller vertical beams (2.5 x 5 x 400 cm) - they hold the membrane
- then smaller horizontal beams (2.5 x 5 x 400 cm) - they support the shingles. Those 2 rows of smaller beams provide space for ventilation.
So I am very much interested in how do you build the roofs there in US.
What kind of beams do you use ?
How much space is between beams?
I also think there are more ways to do a roof in US but I am interested about the most generic/used way.