Here is the prices i was charged for work

Wow, you’ve got some stubby 'lil fingers there.

i install ice shield first on the eaves then drip edge goes over it. i extend the ice shield about 3 feet from the edge. on the rakes,i install felt and then drip edge over the felt. i then install drip edge in all valley’s and felt the rest of the roof.

[quote=“RanchHandRoofing”]Ice & Water goes directly to the roof deck.

It is designed to protect the wood, not the drip edge.

Drip edge has multiple benefits:

–It is designed to span the gap between the roof deck & fascia.
–It is designed to protect a wooden drip edge (if you have one).
–It is designed to shed water away from your fascia.

[/quote]

This is the thread I was talking about,instead of Taser reading what was already posted, he would just start another thread.Ranch went to great measures to help him, but it seems it was just a waste of his time.Taser never looked at it.Thanks Ranch for your efforts,I know,Taser should have been the one thanking you for this post.

taser,i made a typo. in the valley i use ice shield not drip edge. drip edge on the eaves and rake.

thanks mxim.you are a nice guy.

ROOF GOD - you have great hands - you should be a model for dawn dish soap!

Yeah… for a Hobbit, anyhow.

roofing and the sun take their toll :mrgreen:

Those look like roofing hands not salesmans hands. Bet they got a good grip too?

A friend of the family used to introduce my Dad to his friends and after they’de shake his hand would say he packaged marsh mallows for a living. He’s got a monsterous hand for being under 6ft. His fingers are really fat but his hands are a dark tan.

$160 per sq. thats a joke right. $400.00 sounds more like it

The strongest grip I’ve ever come across was that of a cousin in Florida; he is probably 70 now, but even still has some seriously strong hands.

He went to FSU (Florida State) & was in the “Flying High Circus” as a trapeze man; he caught the girls who would be doing tumbles or somersaults. Gotta have some mitts for that line of work.

He must have had some grip!

I’ve been told by a few home owners that my hand shake impressed them enough that they felt confident enough to hire me to roof their home.

A good firm shake and a look in the eye goes a long way for a first impression for some people.

Ice shield should be wrapped at least 5" over fascia. Why? So if your gutter is clogged or overflowing, it backs up onto your ice shield, an down the fascia. Otherwise if it was applied on top of the drip edge, water would overflow behind metal fascia and into your overhang. This is assuming your gutters are all installed correctly UNDER the drip edge and pitched to drain.

No this is useless.It would help prevent ice dam problems if it were installed over facia behind gutter under drip edge.When ice builds up in gutters it gets up under drip edge therefore rendering ice and water over drip ineffective and will not protect the decking.Ice damns are the only use for ice and water on soffit areas.In colo mountains it must extend 36"inside exterior wall.