GAF for house, IKO for shed

The shed builder I’m using only uses IKO shingles. My house has GAF weathered wood. Any opinion on using IKO weatherwood on the shed? Are the colors close enough? Thanks.

How picky are you? How far from the house is the shed? He’ll use GAF if you tell him you’ll find another shed builder. Wasn’t aware that there was a specialty trade for sheds…

1 Like

It’s a good 100ft from the house and in the backyard. Ulrich is the shed builder, of course they’ll put GAF shingles on for an additional fee… :frowning:

It’s mind over matter, If you don’t mind…It don’t matter! Sounds pretty silly that they’ll cry over a couple SQ of shingles. Personally, I’d tell them I don’t want to hire them because of that. Just for fun…

1 Like

3 choices

1. Get different shed builder.
  2. Pay extra for GAF.
  3. Accept very slight difference in shingles which I doubt anyone will notice.

GAF shingles are slightly more than IKO. If the additional fee is reasonable, then just pay it I would think. This isn’t rocket surgery.

2 Likes

Nice Yogism…“Rocket Surgery”

2 Likes

Thanks all. I think I’ll go with option 3… :wink:

I’m hearing shed and shed builder and envisioning 2-3 square. GAG is probably 10$ per square more, equaling $30. Is the shed builder on that tight of a margin to charge for that? Yeesh!

1 Like

I’d just accept them using iko. In my area there is a massive shed building company. I actually worked there for a summer once back when I was a kid. They would pump out 10 sheds a day on a good day. They bought all their products by the truckload and they got major discounts on everything.

1 Like