Seen G-tape. How do you go about using it? Does the paper need to be straight? Or do you measure off the shingles make a mark and apply?
Its so simple anybody can use it and make their roof look like a pro did it !!
- install your ice and water shield.
- install your metal drip edge.
- install your starter strip.
- install your 1st shingle
- Take the mark on the G-Tape and put it on the TOP of the shingle.
- Roll the G-Tape up the roof.
- Roll another strip up the roof every 15-20 ft apart.
- Chalk lines up the roof, putting the chaulk line on the mark that says…Chalk line here.
- install shingles per manufactuers directions, putting the top of the shingles on the chalked line.
if you look at the G-Tape website, all of the directions are on the site with detailed drawings. There are also other roof scenerios that you may run into where you can use G-Tape.
thanks might try it one day.