Replacing a ~30 year old roof on a 2300 SF colonial in Massachusetts. There is a shingle roof on the house and detached garage, and tar and gravel (which might be > 30 yr old) on the flat roof over the sun room.
This is the proposal from one contractor (without showing the pricing) - proposals from other contractors are pending.
What do the experts think of the scope of work? Is there anything missing or anything that you would add to/beef up?
Main house and detached garage:
• Protect main house all around including garage, windows, siding, fences, patio, etc. with heavy duty tarps to avoid any damage from the old roof coming down.
• Remove existing roof locate it on this property.
• Re-nail any loose board or fix and replace any rotten or broken boards before any new material installation. If plywood is needed additional charges will apply.
• Install 6 feet Ice and water shield applied at all protrusions, valleys, roof-to-wall areas, roof vents, chimneys etc.
• Roof line’s entire perimeter protected with 8” aluminum drip edge.
• Install Synthetic underlayment for proper roof warranty.
• Install GAF ridge vent for proper roof ventilation.
• Install GAF starter shingles at all roof edge installation.
• Install GAF Timberline HD Lifetime (50 years) architectural asphalt composite shingles (130 mph wind rated) installed in a hurricane nailing pattern is executed upon installation (6 nails per 1 meter 39.5 inches] length of shingle).
• Install GAF shingle hip & ridge Caps.
• Replace any existing pipe boots with new GAF approved aluminum roof flanges.
• Install new step flashing and lead flashing at one chimney.
• Remove all the construction related debris.
• After job is completed gutters and dump spouts will be clean 100%. Using the proper guidelines.
• Run our three-foot magnet to pick up all nails.
• We do not reuse any of the original roofing materials.
• If plank decking/ledger board is needed for roof decking add $x per l/f.
• If plywood is need it an additional $x per sheet will apply.
• Dumpster and Dump Fees are included in this proposal.
• Permit fee is included on this proposal.
Side Flat Roof:
• Strip tar and gravel down to the wood and inspect all wood before any new material instalatiuon .
• Install 4x8 sheet of ½ ’’ EPDM insulation board, secure with 3’’ approval plates and 3’’ approval screws in the EPDM roofing system.
• Apply Rubber membrane 0.032 grade, secure with LVOC Bonding Adhesive as require by LAW in the State of Massachusetts.
• Any area greater than 10 feet wide a Peel & Stick EPDM Seam Tape needs to be on place for a proper manufacture warranty.
• Any penetration on the roof including water pipes, electricity cables, gas lines, A/C units will be 100% water tight using ONLY EPDM approval materials. (9’’ EPDM Flashing Tape, EPDM Corner Flashing , EPDM T-Join Covers.
• Roof line’s entire perimeter protected with 5’’x0.5’’x 3” WHITE aluminum drip edge0.032 grade.
• Cover and protect all drip edge with 6’’ Peel & Stick EPDM Cover Tape.
• Cure all surfers with LVOC primer before any tape application.
• Re-flash all corners and joints between rubber roof and any walls.
• Replace any existing pipe boots with new EPDM approved roof flanges.
• Double seal all corners with EPDM Edge Caulk as require by manufacture warranty.
• Install new lead all around the lower chimney.