Construction business owners in North Texas, and elsewhere, should be aware of Liberty Mutual Insurance current market prejudice against them

Construction business owners in North Texas, and elsewhere, should be aware of Liberty Mutual Insurance current market prejudice against them.

In the last 7 days two Liberty Mutual “adjusters”, clearly knowing a general contractor was hired by an insured client, refused to adjust/calculate reconstruction costs accordingly.

Despite fair admonition - They intentionally calculated false reconstruction costs based solely on Xactimate’s specialty contractors costs only. And issued (on-site) checks to the insureds accordingly. Both are elderly clients.

I have several Liberty Mutual claims in process. So does it seem a pattern of market misconduct is in play?

Yes. And Safeco is mirroring Liberty Mutual conduct.

dealing with this currently!

Can attest to Liberty Mutual using the following things to not pay:

@Authentic_Dad

Any thoughts on this? The response from the adjuster on some line items, notwithstanding the obvious on the shingles, were the following:
The pipe jacks come pre painted in various colors therefore do not have to be primed & painted.
Same for Drip Edge

Granted, P & P aren’t hills to die upon, but we took good pics of replacement of decking and the codes & our install specs for warranty.
There was also interior repair but it was "Not significant enough to warrant O & P. We’ve enlisted the H.O. but she’s been getting push back from the adjuster and telling her he knows plenty of contractors that have been in business for years, who have had no problem with their pricing.

By the way, getting very close to taking your training…anytime soon?

Here’s an example of interior payment where I added line items we’ve added before such as floor protection, content manipulation, etc and adjuster simply said, “It wasn’t that difficult” and “all that was included in our price”… to add to that, he also said there’s overhead and profit “built into the price per square” and I laughed. Didn’t meant to but did.

@Authentic_Dad

Safeco/Liberty Mutual is my least favorite insurance company. They’re disgusting. I wouldn’t mess with a PA, take them to appraisal.