Bid HIGHER Than Everyone Else and Still Get the Job!

wow…you are smarter than everyone in the world…you wasted 30 contractors time to give you a price…?? customers like you are the reason i am in commercial roofing not residential…whenever i run into someone like you (and you are really easy to spot, you just don’t know it because you think you know more than everyone…lol) i double my price and walk away…this would account for the “high bidders” that you run into…reputation means everything…case closed

0 Likes

To Blanchard. The number of sq’s is that you have calculated are your information. It is “Proprietary” information. You did the work, you own the numbers.
A few years ago it got REAL bad for me. When someone asked “how many squares” was on their roof. If I said "27 " (or whatever) it was “Thanks good-bye” and and a quick hang up.

In reality it was Good-Bye Stupid, thanks for the info.

I tell them now I don’t price by the square.
I don’t promise free estimates
It’s my informmation on # of squares.

Unless I’m in a good mood. I’ve had to get smarter faster in the last couple of years as Ye Olde Honor System is BROKEN

0 Likes

In proposals I don’t list how many squares it is. My price is for the completed job I am not going to charge the customer more if its not the exact squares that I measured and I am not going to give them money back if it is less that what I measured.

0 Likes

I never give out that information.

0 Likes

Tell me your options Joe 123? How are the corners on your windows made? Do you know the difference? I know very little about windows and I’d bet ya a thousand bucks I know more than you about them. 30 estimates? Forget about high bidders, lets talk about tire kickers…

0 Likes

guess he never heard of the “Ass hole factor” that is times two or even three. maybee the bumber sticker should say somthing else

RooferJim

0 Likes

I agree with alot of things said here. i agree some people bid high no matter the job. I agree some people bid high because of the customer. I agree that I bid higher than most on my projects and get them. I know why it is simple. I get more from my reputation. I get more for my licensing. i get more for my insurance. I get more because I do the job exactly as stated and usually throw in a few extras. People pay more because I am honest and do know how to sell myself. all my business is referral.People know what they are getting. I also am honest to the consumer. I will tell them straight out, I will be more expensive then most. I use the best material they can afford. I train every employee to be the best they can be. No loud music, Yes, please and No thank yous. The site is cleaned daily. No Swearing on site. I am not some fly by night shoddy workmanship company. I expect more money. I also give lifetime or Life of product warrenties on Workmanship.

The main factor people pay me more is they trust me. I wouldn’t give a per square price or even tell them how many squares are on a roof. I know I ain’t gettting the job if they don’t already trust me. Why waste my time. If in the first meeting someone asked me I would probably tell them. I also never ask to see the contract of the competition. Neither do any of the salesmen I work with/for.I know what my costs are and know that no matter what someone else charges my cost won’t change. I convert 90% of my referral leads and maybe 5% of new customer leads. I do get a number of repair calls after someone i talked went with someone else and they screwed it up. I try to fix simple things for no money/guarentee or at cost and I tend to get a lot of referrals from these calls because they tell their friends about the service I did after they tried to go for price only.

Anyways what a rant I am done now

0 Likes

Click here www.howtobidhigher.com to learn How to Bid Higher Than Everyone Else and Still Get the Job.

0 Likes

Vist our post in the classified forum titled “How to Bid Higher Than Everyone Else and Still Get the Job”.
Or, click here www.howtobidhigher.com to find out more.

0 Likes

post in classifieds. you arent offering advice you are looking for customers.

0 Likes

Do you need advice?

0 Likes

what are your credentials? or are you just collecting subscriptions?

0 Likes

Go ahead and visit our website. We’re offering a great program. If you don’t like it, just let us enjoy our business and you keep doing yours. We have a lot of great stuff to offer. Thanks for the input.

0 Likes

:expressionless:

0 Likes

I love this guy’s stuff. It’s practical and useable right now. Worth the money.

0 Likes