No soffit vent Question???
In the case that you have a potential customer that wants you to do a complete re-roof on their house…Let’s say the customer wants you to install ridgevent, because they like the look, and everyone in the neighborhood has it installed on their roof. They have no intake/soffit vents. Do you let them know that they don’t have a complete, or maximum ventilation system without intake/soffit vent. Let’s say the homeowner thinks that:
- You are trying to upsell, to install soffit vents.
- The homeowner could care less, and just wants the ridgevent installed and that is all. Doesn’t want soffit/intake vent.
- Can’t afford to put soffit/intake vents in and therefore just wants the ridgevent installed.
What do you do in these type of situations. Do you :
- Install the ridgevent without intake/soffit vent.
- Install another type of ventilation system.
- Make them sign a paper, stating that they chose not to have soffit/intake vents installed, to reduce liablity if they end up having moisture problems in the attic space because of no intake.