Your thoughts

I recieved this letter today from a customer. It caught me off guard because i havent seen anything done on a type writer in at least 10 years. But the woman is in her 60’s and not “all there”. Dont ask why some one would take the time to write a story instead of just calling me!

any way…I just wanted to get your guys thoughts. I believe its just ice and snow thats causing the noises (we did have an ice storm last night & my roof made the same noise from ice falling). We live in a severe lake effect snow belt.

I reversed the colors so it could be read easier and blacked out her personal infohttp://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h147/whitebez/letter2.jpg

this is one of a kind. I think this would be a great oppourtunity for your company to let its wonderful customer service light shine through. The possibilities are endless.lol :slight_smile:

Because her and your time is valuable and also a written down record of her inquiry is thus created. Have you answered her inquiry yet and how will you answer it if you have not done so already. She might not be all the way together but in answering her-you might be able to satisfy her to the extent that she becomes a referral magnet for you. At best that is all that one could hope for.

I just recieved this tonight in the mail…Oh dont worry, i will call her tommorow first thing and take care of this.

Just thought i would share the odd story telling with you all.

[quote=“marshall exteriors”]I just recieved this tonight in the mail…Oh dont worry, i will call her tommorow first thing and take care of this.

Just thought i would share the odd story telling with you all.[/quote]

thankyou for sharing this. she isnt crazy.
This is the upteenth time i have read this story and it always involves very cold weather,
happens at night.

No one has seemed to put it all together exactly what it is. I think i remember someone thinking it was ice cracking? Maybe several very cold days followed by a warm day?
And maybe the homeowners claim that the loud bang didnt happen in cold seasons before their new roof?
They all described the very loud, disturbing sound.
One described it like they thought a tree had fell on the house. And it happened a quite a few times.
Its not your “average” shrinking,expanding parts of the house sounds.

I hope someone is confidant in knowing exactly what this is and will speak up!

its kind of silly how you post your costumers worries ,on roofers forum,what you cant face that ? you might of done a terrible job ,maybe you left 100 bundles of shingles up there and her roof is collapsing,quit trying to get free advice of what to tell her ,get your fat lazy ass up there and see what the problem is .

Hey Roofer12345 . Its not very nice to be an A-hole.

Wow i agree roofer j

listen up azz hole…i am the largest residential contractor in upstate NY with awards from the bbb for perfect customer service…i know what the problem is and have already addressed it this morning.

I posted it to make small talk with my fellow “business” aquaintences in this forum. Just sharing an experience. I enjoy it when others share stories with me. I have been a member of this forum for quite a few years with very few arguments so take your newbie attitude to another forum…rookie :wink:

Yeah wow geez. I am sure Marshall is much more successful than roofer12345. Perhaps he posted it because the lady used a typewriter. Who in the world still has a type writer. The loud thud for whatever reason is also a good question. I had a customer call me after a storm once and ask why they heard that and I said I had no idea. I went up on the roof and looked at it and they had a hole blown through it from around the lead pipe. Maybe lighting. Anyways.
Marshall does not have to get his “fat lazy ass” up on the roof to check out the problem if there is one because he has employees who do it for him.

Get some respect.

[quote=“BAMBAMM5144”]
Marshall does not have to get his “fat lazy ass” up on the roof to check out the problem if there is one because he has employees who do it for him.

Get some respect.[/quote]

haha…i am a little chubby though (havent roofed in a few years)!! :?

as far as me saying shes “not all there”. Well i was just giving background information. She is mentally slow, so you would appreciate the colorful story telling.

Hey roofer12345 for being such a azzhole just wondering what its gotten ya in life?..f@#^!punk

Haha Marshall, I understand that. I am in the same boat. My old boss got to the point where if he got up on the roof and slipped at all he would probably just roll right off like a bowling ball.