Whats the best roofing truck?van

I have a 03 ford f150 crew cab.
Im looking for a newer truck that can accomadate five guys total including me.
The f150 can fit five guys but we a squished up.
does anyone have a five man crew that all use one vehical?
My uncle has a 1985 subruban ext. That truck is huge. It can fit six huys and all roofing tools. Ladder racks are allready built in.
He also had alot of vans. Safaris. They are alos very good roofing vans.
What kind of trucks do you guys use and how do they fare up.

If you’re a one man show you need a pick up to haul crap around all the time. If you have a bigger company and have a shop guy to haul most of your materials around then a van is the way to go because everything stays dry and you don’t have to sweat having your gear stolen becuase everything is always locked up.

we use dodge ram 3/4 ton hd quad cabs with adrian steel ladder racks pulling 18’ enclosed trailer & 5 guys. works great…sucks on gas. but it holds up better than a 1/2 ton. i’ll see if i can post some pics soon.

light roofing / van
heavy roofing / truck

large commercial company i would say needs both.

We have a variation, but a shingle crew is best with an F-550 dump truck with tool boxes towing a 14’ trailor with ladder racks. the trailor dubbles as a advertising billboard. the dump truck can handle all the trash. Diesel “of course”.
box trucks are also handy. my personal company truck is an F350 diesel.“ego demands it”.
Happy Roofing

RooferJim

Any truck other then mine! = )

I’ve been having some pretty good luck with the Ford Super Duty Powerstroke 7.3’s.

The 99 F250 was bought back in the Summer of 01 with 40K miles and now has 240K miles. One tranny at 83K miles due to being too young with too much chipped horse power. A few sets of tires, brakes, lots of oil changes, some 4x4 parts, and a couple electrical things have been replaced. Still have home owners comment on how sharp it is.

The 00 Excursion was bought in the Fall of 03 with 104K miles and now has 170K miles. It’s tranny is original and it to has never had any motor work. My wife daily drives it but it has doubled as the F250 and towed up to 19K lbs once and gets 15 mpg pulling 5K lbs and empty gets 19-20 mpg. Used it for three tear offs this Spring with the 5K lb dump trailer and it worked flawlessly.

The 99 F350 dually was bought last Fall with 120K miles and now only has 124K miles. After the F250 was used all last Year pulling the dump trailer which averages 15K lbs loaded figured it was time for it to be rewarded by having the dually take over the heavy pulling work.

Today my wife drove the dually to work and I took the Excursion to meet with adjusters. The other day after leaving the house to meet with adjusters the brakes in the F250 seemed spongy. When loading the pick up on the flat bed noticed the old dual exhuast had slowly rubbed a hole into the rubber brake line tubing and it finally started to spray on the spare tire. My mechanic fixed it last night after work and the bill came to only $150 and the tow was free, AAA Plus!

What I’d like to do is to try to find a really nice 2000 Ford F350 4x4 crew cab long bed drw 7.3 auto Lariat LE in mint condition with low miles and rear captain chairs to trade the 99 F350 for. 2000 marks the last year with the forged rod motors so they can handle about 500 horse power daily without the failure.

What would also be nice would be a 2000 Ford E350 7.3 Powerstroke with auto and a shift on the floor 4x4 set up. Met a guy at the dump with a 2000 and 2003 with 4x4 and the Powerstroke and he said the converstions were $12K and $13K!!! One had 185K miles the other had 110K miles.

[quote=“RooferJ”]We have a variation, but a shingle crew is best with an F-550 dump truck with tool boxes towing a 14’ trailor with ladder racks. the trailor dubbles as a advertising billboard. the dump truck can handle all the trash. Diesel “of course”.
box trucks are also handy. my personal company truck is an F350 diesel.“ego demands it”.
Happy Roofing

RooferJim[/quote]

Yeah that what i want. Those are awsome for what we do.
Or maybe ill get a escalade. Or not

[quote=“dougger222”]I’ve been having some pretty good luck with the Ford Super Duty Powerstroke 7.3’s.

The 99 F250 was bought back in the Summer of 01 with 40K miles and now has 240K miles. One tranny at 83K miles due to being too young with too much chipped horse power. A few sets of tires, brakes, lots of oil changes, some 4x4 parts, and a couple electrical things have been replaced. Still have home owners comment on how sharp it is.

The 00 Excursion was bought in the Fall of 03 with 104K miles and now has 170K miles. It’s tranny is original and it to has never had any motor work. My wife daily drives it but it has doubled as the F250 and towed up to 19K lbs once and gets 15 mpg pulling 5K lbs and empty gets 19-20 mpg. Used it for three tear offs this Spring with the 5K lb dump trailer and it worked flawlessly.

The 99 F350 dually was bought last Fall with 120K miles and now only has 124K miles. After the F250 was used all last Year pulling the dump trailer which averages 15K lbs loaded figured it was time for it to be rewarded by having the dually take over the heavy pulling work.

Today my wife drove the dually to work and I took the Excursion to meet with adjusters. The other day after leaving the house to meet with adjusters the brakes in the F250 seemed spongy. When loading the pick up on the flat bed noticed the old dual exhuast had slowly rubbed a hole into the rubber brake line tubing and it finally started to spray on the spare tire. My mechanic fixed it last night after work and the bill came to only $150 and the tow was free, AAA Plus!

What I’d like to do is to try to find a really nice 2000 Ford F350 4x4 crew cab long bed drw 7.3 auto Lariat LE in mint condition with low miles and rear captain chairs to trade the 99 F350 for. 2000 marks the last year with the forged rod motors so they can handle about 500 horse power daily without the failure.

What would also be nice would be a 2000 Ford E350 7.3 Powerstroke with auto and a shift on the floor 4x4 set up. Met a guy at the dump with a 2000 and 2003 with 4x4 and the Powerstroke and he said the converstions were $12K and $13K!!! One had 185K miles the other had 110K miles.[/quote]

wow a 00 Excursion. Those things are huge. Id sure want one. Oh but the gas.
Has anybody seen the concept truck super chief by ford. Awsome truck.

makes me proud to know you guys are Ford guys AWWWH AWWH AWWH. My wife drives a gas guzzeling Yukon though. I love my Ford truck.

RooferJim