What type of sealant will stick to rubber vent stack boot

Ok I looked closer and my rubber boots are NOT cracked it was paint on it from the pipe. I still am going to double boot it with just the rubber pc so the sun wont rot the orignal.

I want to put a small bead of silicone or something around the bottom. Will regular black RTV silicone stick and NOT hurt the rubber ??

Or will GeoCel or what is the best sealant for this type of rubber that wont eat the ruber but will stick ?

Solar Seal is the ‘sealant’ of my choice.

neoprene works best when sealing rubber (or neoprene) storm collars

i like vulcan caulk, a tremco product.

gweedo.

Quad or Flexseal.

I always use np1 around the rubber collar where it meets the pipe ,its a polyurethane sealer . I always use my finger to spread it equally around the pipe and spread it out over the rubber , thats where it usually starts to crack first.

I use solar seal

Holy sealant Batman ! I didn’t think I would get that many different replys.Will RTV silicone stick ?? I already have black RTV but I didn’t know if that would eat the rubber.

If not where can I buy any of the above in a small qty ?

[quote=“cvcman”]Holy sealant Batman ! I didn’t think I would get that many different replys.Will RTV silicone stick ?? I already have black RTV but I didn’t know if that would eat the rubber.

If not where can I buy any of the above in a small qty ?[/quote]

I haven’t seen any silicone that would withstand exposure to the sun very long.I wouldn’t use it , go to a roofing supply.

it wont really be in the sun as I am using it under the new collar.

I have a tube of GeoCel 2300 but I dont know if that will stick or hurt the rubber.

RTV Silicone doesnt eat rubber does it ??

Thanks

A sandwich of rubber-Geo-rubber will do you just fine.

if its epdm rubber…i would use EPDM edge caulk. it says EPDM right on the tube. just dont use an oil based product as it will react with the rubber.

Another NP1 user!!Good s**t!!

I did production punches for years and always had great success with geocell 2300 silicone. good luck!

Use Chem Link sealant. It is what the manufacturer uses. Either M1 or DuraSeal.

NPC solar seal is my favorite

do any of you know IF RTV black auto silicone will stick and not hur the rubber so I dont have to go buy a whole tube for a small use ??

I think the name stamped on my vent flashing is Emmco ??? Anyone know who carrys that brand or ever heard of it ??

I thought I would check with them first to see if they have a collar if not I will use the Oatley one to cover mine

Thanks

I don’t think it will hurt anything, might as well not use nothing, silicone just peels off anyways.I’m actually impressed when I walk on a roof and see quality work, most don’t seal the pipe boots at all.Silicone might give you a sense of security but thats all it will do.
Silicone works fine between two surfaces so it might serve your purpose, however I don’t use it period.

Its not designed for the uv rays of the sun. A tube of solar seal is 4 dollars and most of the others mentioned im sure are the same. RTV will work for about 2 months before falling off. I know i had a homeonwer fix his pipe collar like that.