What shingle rippers you guys like the most?

just curious i have the regular shing-go’s but i might try the malco bigrocksupply.com/malco-48-f … -1775.html. i’m currently doing a 60sq wood shake tear off wondering if anyone knows of a better tool to remove cedar shake in the years i’ve been doing roofing i’ve never found a tool good for tearing off shake…this is one of only maybe 10 or so times i’ve had to do it too. here in pittsburgh cedar shakes aren’t to popular luckily. thanks for any reply

Shake Tear-off = Hammer

pitch fork

Pitchfork.

using a leaf spring with handle attached to it.

Potato fork.

Short handle, four flat tines.

a hammer works the best for me.

I have tried them all . shingleeater.com/
this one is the best.

thanks rooferJ i can actually buy those at allied building products this rip were on just doesn’t end and yeah i’ve been using the hammer and these shakes are actually still in great shape and their a little rougher than i remember

Pitchfork or potato fork. Then a hammer to pull out the millions of little nails.

Got a 45sq cedar shake tear off put down in a few weeks. Can’t wait!!!

We sell so many damn Shingleaters it ain’t funny. AJC has a product that is damn near identical called Classic Shingle Removers, and they generally run less expensive.

qualcraft.com/pdf/roof_shovels.pdf

[quote=“MColpetzer”]We sell so many damn Shingleaters it ain’t funny. AJC has a product that is damn near identical called Classic Shingle Removers, and they generally run less expensive.

qualcraft.com/pdf/roof_shovels.pdf[/quote]

the yellow D handle one in your link with replaceable teeth is the one we use

Well went to allied got the shingle eaters RooferJ spoke of their great 62 a piece not to pricey I’ve been getting killed on equipment lately had to get a new shingle hoist and just bought gas powered hitatchi 9 gallon compressor it sometimes isn’t worth work’n all I do is pay insurance dump truck payments gasoline is eating me alive that truck and 2 5.5 horsepower honda motors going 6 days a week hope your all fairing better than me

i like the old wooden handle spade with teeth for shingles and without teeth for flats.

gweedo

[quote=“gweedo”]i like the old wooden handle spade with teeth for shingles and without teeth for flats.

gweedo[/quote]

I like the old wooden spade with no teeth for everything.

I dont like the newer ones because they are heavier.