What kid of roof gun

Just wandering what kind of guns you guys use. and also were you guys buy hem from. We have used everything, seems the only one we dont have to rebuild or scrap is the hitachi 45ab. I need to get a couple new ones. And about the only thing I can get from our suppliers is pasload,(not duralbe enough in cold weather), Senco(junk) , Or bostitch(hassent made a good gun since the ridgerunner). Any advice would be helpfull thanks.

Hitachi’s

only Hitachi for us. got some Makitas for our cedar roofing crew.Also have some Hitachi coil framers that are great.

Hitachi coil nailers for asphalt shingles and Hitachi sheating staplers for decking and cedar. Both guns share the same design.

I’ve bought a few off Ebay with good luck. Right after Hitachi started selling a bunch of the side loaders the roofers didn’t like them so Ebay got bombarded with slightly used ones. Bought several shipped for around $125. Would take the side load off and put on bottom loads.

My workers who used to use Paslode like the side loaders better though.

For a couple years used to buy a pallet of 1.25 in coil nails and got a free bottom loader. Must have gotten half a dozen guns that way.

The best Hitachi’s ever made were the ones with the tape handle and no adjustment.

Hitachi, no question.

2 guns. Bostitch and hitachi.

Nothing shoots as good, as fast, as perfect as a bostitch. Unfortunately they dont last very long before they malfunction.

Hitachi is the second best, but they are bulletproof
totally dependable, much lower maintainance and last longer than a bostitch.

So in reality, Hitachi was my number one
because i used them more than my bostitch.
My bostitch guns were always sitting around waiting to get fixed. I would pay authorized dealers/mechanics what ever they said to fix the same gun over and over again. They couldn’t even fix them.

The same seals(only a couple) would fail on a hitachi
and with time, you learn how to do it yourself.
hardly ever have to hand my hitachi to another mechanic.

Still got the ridgerunner nailing as smoothly as it did a million nails ago. At least it feels like a million. Some guys have the regular bostich which has its occasional problems. The guys who take proper care of them and clean them don’t seem to have too many headaches with them.

old heavy ridge runners work well on old hard pine.
any gun will work good on plywood.

gweedo.

[quote=“roofdawg roofing”]Senco(junk)?
[/quote]

What's the problem with senco's? I bought a used senco 455XP  for my house and thought it worked pretty good. I shot the whole thing without a mis-fire or crooked nail. The depth adjustment worked fine in hot or cool weather.The only thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't have a dry fire lock out so you don't know when it's empty till you run out...DaveB

bostich rn 46

What's the problem with senco's? I bought a used senco 455XP  for my house and thought it worked pretty good. I shot the whole thing without a mis-fire or crooked nail. The depth adjustment worked fine in hot or cool weather.The only thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't have a dry fire lock out so you don't know when it's empty till you run out...DaveB[/quote]

Senco’s work great for a little while, then they just don’t work and start to fall apart.

max guns no problems…yet

What's the problem with senco's? I bought a used senco 455XP  for my house and thought it worked pretty good. I shot the whole thing without a mis-fire or crooked nail. The depth adjustment worked fine in hot or cool weather.The only thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't have a dry fire lock out so you don't know when it's empty till you run out...DaveB[/quote]

....that's why the military teaches you to count your rounds:-)

[quote=“Krakkerjak”]

....that's why the military teaches you to count your rounds:-)[/quote]

In the heat of battle, three tracers at the bottem of your clips work best. :slight_smile:

[quote=“roof-lover”]

That's a great idea, paint the heads of the last three nails red? 
My framing gun won't shoot if there are less than 5 nails left, I guess my roofing gun is an older design....DaveB

I own 2 hitatchis and 2 max superroofers hands down the max is way better the hitatchis are durable the triggers are sloppy the and the action on the hitatchi reqiures a lot more force the max trigger is really touchy and you barely bump the roof and it fires but both are tough brands bostitch I wouldn’t use them for free they hurt your hand they way they hold when they hit they rattle almost all the shock goes into your hand. I used to swear by the hitatchis but we already proved the action is way slower at work the max hits so light you can felt with it and the action is so smooth

hitachi hands down rigid not to bad

I think the hitatchis are outdated max super roofer just try one