Water through bathroom vent after heavy rains (through ridge vent?)

Hi. New user here. Greatly appreciate the forum and any advice / help offered.

My home was built around 4 years ago. During recent extraordinarily heavy rains (with high winds) I’ve had water come down through the upstairs bathroom vent. I believe the bathroom vent uses the ridge vent to exit the house, but am not sure. Also, I have sprayed foam insulation on the roof, so the entire space is within the thermal envelope.

Attached is a picture of the relevant area. The dormer with the window is the bathroom on the third level.
The vent is in the ceiling just about 3’ from the front wall and the right wall as pictured. Near the bottom right the plumbing vent and bathroom vent for a 2d level bathroom are visible. Near the top left the plumbing vent and bathroom vent for a different 2d level bathroom are visible. If the ridge vent doesn’t allow for venting of the bathroom then I don’t know what possibly could. The inset in the top right of the picture is the view from that direction to the left (note the “different 2d level” vents). I inlcuded it so the ridge vent is visible.

So my questions are…

Any comments or advice?
Should a house with sprayed foam roof insulation even have ridge vents?
Should the bathroom vent be using the ridge vents?
Is my ridge vent the source of the water?
If so, should I be worried about ALL my ridge vents?

I think my nightmare scenario is all ridge vents are occaionally allowing water to become trapped between the spray foam and the roof.

Final question… If I need to hire someone, should I be looking for a specific expertise.

Again, many thanks for any help!!

Roof|633x500

Read this

Hi again,
I’m hoping to “bump” this and get some additional information.

First - Thanks to @KeepItLow for your response. I had actually already read that post and saw that it partially applied to my situation.

From that post I gather I don’t need (or rather shouldn’t even have) any vents in the roof (other than for exhaust fans, appliance, plumbing, etc.).

I also should have an attic (or other exterior) vent for the bathroom exhaust. If it’s vented in the soffit, there should be a louver that closes.

My new and remaining questions are…

Any comments or advice?

What is the best way to determine if the bathroom vent has a louver and vents into the ridge vent? Can that be checked without damaging drywall?

Is my ridge vent the source of the water and should I be worried about ALL my ridge vents?

I have access to the attic in another part of the house. Should I cut out a small piece of the foam insulation to see if it’s wet near the ridge-line?

If I need to hire someone, should I be looking for a specific expertise. In short, what would you do?

Did my builder mess up by installing ridge vents? Do the pictures I included in the post make it clear that I have ridge vents, or could that be something else?

Thanks for the help,
Brian