Time for new roof, or just repairs?

I need some unbiased advice…I have a house with a roof that is ~10-11 years old. No leaks, & there’s a lot of granules/surface left, but I’ve noticed some of the shingles starting to curl, & I’m wondering if this is something that’s fixable, or am I going to need to shell out $$$ for a new roof in the near future?
FWIW, I’m in north Florida ('nother words: HOT as hell). Please look at the pictures and tell me what ya think. These are the worst areas.
THANKS

Just a fact of life with asphalt shingles. Heat is asphalt’s worst enemy, so as time goes by shingles become deteriorated, and start to fail. However, from what I’ve seen of your roof, you still have several years left before you will need to replace the roof. Now, if it is an aesthetic issue, then you’ll be replacing it sooner than you really need to.

ditto what cer said

That’s a relief!

There’s a fair chance we’ll be moving within the next 6 months or so; my only other concern is what an inspector or potential buyer will think as far as aesthetics.

Thanks guys!
-Mike

A good inspector or a knowledgable prospective buyer should know the roof doesn’t need to be replaced yet, but should use the age of the roof as a bargaining tool to get you to come down on your asking price.

I will agree with what i have heard.

a good roof will atract buyers to come in the door. if they think the exterior is ho-hum…then they will assume the interior is ho-hum.

ditto everyone.

gweedo.

[quote=“sunliner”]I need some unbiased advice…I have a house with a roof that is ~10-11 years old. No leaks, & there’s a lot of granules/surface left, but I’ve noticed some of the shingles starting to curl, & I’m wondering if this is something that’s fixable, or am I going to need to shell out $$$ for a new roof in the near future?
FWIW, I’m in north Florida ('nother words: HOT as hell). Please look at the pictures and tell me what ya think. These are the worst areas.
THANKS

A new roof would help the resale of your home It would be worth the money