TASER---here is your answer

i first tear off the existing shingles then check to see if all the sheathing is ok. if it is,i then install ice shield at the eave(36 inch). i then nail a drip edge over the ice shield and also nail a drip edge at the rake edge(no ice shield there). i then install ice shield in all valley’s and around chimmney and vents.
some guys do actually put a drip edge before the ice shield,its preference.

i don’t want to leave any stone unturned here. so i better mention this is well. after installing the ice shield and srip edge,i then install the felt(15 lbs). i can go completely over the ice shield and drip edge or just go up to the ice shield where i would just over ;ap the ends. some guys consider covering all of the ice shield with felt paper as overkill.
i then install the ridge vent by using a box cutter to cut a long horizontal line across the whole ridge. i then apply the ridge vent but dont go all the way to the end;i stop about 6 inches from the end. also,the line i cut is actually about a 2 inch wide cut.
i then apply the shingles and the ridhe caps over the ridge vents.

thank you so much. you just explained everything to me in one post. I AM DONE HERE BUT APPRECIATE EVERYONES PATIENCE. MXIM,YOU ARE A GENTLEMAN.THAT POST WAS CONCISE.WHY COULS’NT ANYONE ELSE HAVE JUST POSTED THOSE ANSWERS INSTEAD OF ME ASKING 100 TIMES.

Because we are roofers.

Hello mxim,

Many people answered this guy’s questions. If you would bother to look he has 25 threads going back 3 pages. He would start threads about stupid chit, ask a question and then start another thread. Before you get high and mighty you should investigate a little further. And no I did not answer any questions because others had helped and answered.

Keith