My question relates to how to deal with supplements from the customer's perspective.
Let's say we contract with the customer for say, the $10,000 the insurance originally allowed for and can make a normal profit at this point. But if we can get another $1,00 in supplements approved we want to do that.
Do we wait to walk through the supplement process with the insurance before getting a final estimate approved by the homeowner? It seems like this could open up the door for them to choose someone else if they are still waiting a couple more weeks to work out supplements.
My concern is that we wait and get the supplement approved and now the total cost of the estimate I put in front of the homeowner is now $11,000. What if the customer decides at that point to go ahead and shop it so they can pocket the additional $1,000?
I would think that just putting a clause in the estimate that says something like "Any supplements approved by the Insurance company will be assigned over / paid to the contractor."
What do you guys do? Any help would be great.