Sub-rate

im needing to sub out a job and am wondering what a deccent rate would be -its a 10-12 pitch three layer asphalt tear off ,resheet 30lb in the valleys and bottom edge ,15 lb the rest and bang on 30 year laminate it’s about 30 sq with a dormer on each side and a couple of bay window roofs on the side

i’d pay $2500-2700

man yall doin it cheap Agape.
sorry to here that.
i know the gas is 50 cents cheaper a gallon.
hope it cost cheaper to live there.

eya .
gweedo.

The median home cost in Tulsa is $147,500.

Compared to the rest of the country, Tulsa’s cost of living is 21.93% Lower than the U.S. average.

gas is $1.75 today.

I pay $40 on, and $10 per layer off. more for steep, depending on pitch. usually over 7 is $5 per pitch increase up to 12, beyond 12, we negotiate depending on each house.

$200\sq min. pm me if you need someone.

I think I would tear one layer of 15 lb. felt fastened with staples, not nails for 10 bucks a square.

well, personally, i wouldnt tear off anything for $10 a square. not $20 either. hell, probably not for $50.

but if there are 2 crews a day that come in and offer to do it for that or less, why wouldnt i pay it?

Yea no doubt…
I was thinking more like $70 per layer.

$70/sq per layer?

for just tear off?

you cant be serious. who pays those prices?

[quote=“Agape”]$70/sq per layer?

for just tear off?

you cant be serious. who pays those prices?[/quote]

Every person who hires me with a steep azz roof.
That is a reasonable rate for the scope of work described.

On the job described my pricing formula comes out to $330/sq for labor.

Contractor pays for material and debris removal.

I will do a good job, the customer will be extremely satisfied, and this job will never come back on the contractor.
You are paying for peace of mind.

and debris removal?

man, you guys must not have any competition, or need much work there.

i can sell that job to a customer for $350 a square all day long, materials and labor, and make plenty of profit.

seriously.

$10,500 for shingles, on and off. add in vents, flashings, tax… i’d sell that job for $12,000. in fact, i do it all the time.

I can sell that job for $12k also, very easily.
Why would I want to?
I would be working for wages…

The whole thing has to be jacked and scaffolded, and it has 3 layers.
If it needs redeck and has 3 layers, there is a good chance that one of those layers is cedar.
Or perhaps it is really 4 layers…

A complete reroof properly done that has 3 layers and is steep frequently exceeds $500/sq.

You can bet that there are wood work issues also, more than just the redeck.

Prices vary from region to region, a new roof generally costs more in northern regions than southern regions.

Prices are generally lower in regions that have a lot of cheap labor available also.

This is why it is pointless to ask for a price quote on the internet.

I can barely get 50+ asquare it’s crazy.

[quote="-Axiom-"]
Prices vary from region to region, a new roof generally costs more in northern regions than southern regions.

Prices are generally lower in regions that have a lot of cheap labor available also.

This is why it is pointless to ask for a price quote on the internet.[/quote]

touche’

[quote="-Axiom-"]

[quote=“Agape”]$70/sq per layer?

for just tear off?

you cant be serious. who pays those prices?[/quote]

Every person who hires me with a steep azz roof.
That is a reasonable rate for the scope of work described.

On the job described my pricing formula comes out to $330/sq for labor.

Contractor pays for material and debris removal.

I will do a good job, the customer will be extremely satisfied, and this job will never come back on the contractor.
You are paying for peace of mind.[/quote]

I didnt realize it was a re-sheet so my price would also be $300-350\sq.if it was my own job it would be 450-650\sq.

ah… “resheet” means “redeck”… i skimmed right past that.

decking

sheathing

ive never heard “sheet” before.

sorry… yea, add $135/sq to my retail price. or $50/sq to my labor.

sheet,…slang for sheathing,decking,plywood…etc.

i’d get about 4500 being an expensive sub around here.

Around here I qould quote that job for 16000 just so I dont get it. I did do that though once, everyone bid one like that for 10000 and I came in at a little over at 15 but the guy still went with us. Guess I shouldve tried to charge more.

I think he wants a price for a real life sub-crew.

My guess at fairness… $100-$120 labor per sq, $20/sheet. Not what I would do it for…