Some wisdom

When I was going through some “things” with a woman I was involved with,
all I could do to keep myself from making any mistakes was to turn to my faith for guidance.

So, I picked up my Bible and looked up and said to God,
“God, give me a sign of what I’m supposed to do!”

I closed my eyes, opened my Bible flipping the pages and dropped my finger on a page hoping it to be a message from God…I came across this verse and took it as a sign for me to keep myself busy at work…to use my work as meditation and as a way to achieve peace of mind:

Proverbs 25:24
"It is better to live in a corner of the roof than in a house shared with a contentious woman.".

:slight_smile:

One of my favorite books of the bible. I try to match the proverb chapter with the day of the month.

There are various Christian sites that you can subscribe to that will email you “a verse for the day”.

seriously!!! this is roofing site. keep religion out of it.

Its a huge turn off to some people (myself included), and if you guys continue to do so i will take my years of advice and leave.

Find a religion forum for your gospel. :x

I kinda agree, but to what you want its not my forum.

26,000 children will die of starvation today, what makes you think God will answer your prayers?

Jesus loves you but Satan has candy…

Hmmm…

Can we talk about politics next?

LOL!

Why can’t people who don’t want to post on roofing/religion related topics insist on posting their comments on the thread?

It’s like they can’t control themselves.

There’s a little red “X” at the top right corner of the screen…all you have to do is click on that and “Poof”! You’re no longer here.

And nobody is talking about The Gospel here.

This particular thread was about how a verse in The Holy Bible coincidentally matched to my particular trade (which by the way is Roofing).

Tell you what…just so you don’t get tricked into another roofing/religious thread, whenever you see that the thread is started by “2ndGen”, just ignore it and don’t no matter how tempted you are, don’t click on it.

Some here actually do want to talk about this. And we shouldn’t be discriminated against just because some people don’t want to talk about it. That’s what a forum is for…it’s a “free” exchange of ideas and nobody’s forcing anybody to post here or to even read this thread.

God bless you all.

By the way…religion wasn’t mentioned here at all.

Religion is a practice.

Nobody discussed religious practices here.

Thats telling him 2ndGen. I think we should talk religion and politics all the more when they whine about it. There is plenty of seasoned roofing knowledge on this forum anyway.When someone asks a roofing question it gets answered. We have some real roofers here not just some slick sales BS artists. By the way what would Jesus do ?

Whoa…2-G, all I did was ask an honest question. I was just wondering when I read your post about how you asked God to give you a sign about what to do about some “things” you were going through with your lady friend. I was just wondering why God would even care about you and your “things” when he isn’t even listening to the UN estimated 26,000 children that die of starvation every day. I’m sure at least some of them are asking God for even a nibble of food. But for some reason God ignored them and their petty prayer for alittle crumb just to keep them alive and instead answered your prayer and gave you a sign!!!

maybe you believe and worship God more than they do?

I’m just curious. :wink:

I think the reason children are dying is not because God doesn’t love them or want to help them. I think it’s cuase their parents have rejected God so long that the children are the one’s who have to suffer.

G-Tape that is an exellent question and one of what I would call the “Hard Questions” of wich there are no easy answers. I believe Jesus was asked this when he was healing leapers and the blind and he said something to the effect that there will always be the poor and that he could not heal all the sick. I cant remember what scripture as its been a while since I was in sunday school. But I know what your saying and have often pondered the same question.

Surely GOD has the power to heal all the sick and feed all the hungry.
GOD chooses not to.

GOD handed down 10 clearly written, simple rules for us to follow.
We humans created religions to “interpret” these clearly written rules, and we kill each other over our disagreement of the interpretation of these clearly written rules.
GOD chooses to hide itself and make itself unprovable fostering doubt, confusion, and religious warfare.

Well, I think that I’ve managed to use Roofing related topics with my posts.

And again, no one has to either read or respond to my threads. If they don’t want to hear or see or comment on it, no one is forcing any one too.

:mrgreen:

[quote=“G-Tape”]Whoa…2-G, all I did was ask an honest question. I was just wondering when I read your post about how you asked God to give you a sign about what to do about some “things” you were going through with your lady friend. I was just wondering why God would even care about you and your “things” when he isn’t even listening to the UN estimated 26,000 children that die of starvation every day. I’m sure at least some of them are asking God for even a nibble of food. But for some reason God ignored them and their petty prayer for alittle crumb just to keep them alive and instead answered your prayer and gave you a sign!!!

maybe you believe and worship God more than they do?

I’m just curious. :wink:[/quote]

Good questions…unfortunately, unrelated to the topic which is that it’s better to be on a roof than wih a bitter woman.

:mrgreen:

But, if you were to start a “God is unfair” thread, I’d meet you there and I’d be happy to have a discussion with you on it.

:wink:

I guess we have some atheists on this forum :twisted:

2-G, I’m going to take your statement a bit farther…

Its better to be on a roof than to be doing most anything else!!!

But do they both cancel each other out if a bitter woman is on the roof with you???

Or does the stronger of the two climb to the top?

[quote=“G-Tape”]2-G, I’m going to take your statement a bit farther…

Its better to be on a roof than to be doing most anything else!!!

But do they both cancel each other out if a bitter woman is on the roof with you???

Or does the stronger of the two climb to the top?[/quote]

LMBO!

When tearing off a roof or mopping hot is better than being home, you got real problems!

:stuck_out_tongue: