Running a storm

i am from va but now i am in baton rouge, la and my company is putting a new office here and i was wondering if anyone had any ideas about generating leads there are tarps every where but i just don’t feel comfortable going door to door if another roofer has installed that tarp…not trying to cut anybodys throat just trying to make money like everybody else

[quote=“varoofer”]i am from va but now i am in baton rouge, la and my company is putting a new office here and i was wondering if anyone had any ideas about generating leads there are tarps every where but i just don’t feel comfortable going door to door if another roofer has installed that tarp…
[/quote]

As a home owner I’d have no problem with a roofer knocking on my door. If the tarp was put on by another roofer I’d be happy to tell you that and I might ask you some questions if I had any. If you take a professional approach and maybe have some some photos or resume of your work in Virgina it should be a productive expenditure of your time. Good luck.
DaveB

He’s right do it, it can’t hurt to try and give you great exposure in the mean time.

they might be waiting for ,insurance, roofers, could be any reason for the tarps still being there.

Introduce yourself, leave a business card, ask if you can be of any help to them.

You might get a job or two from it.

Good luck!

Yard signs and trucks with company names work the best well word of mouth and presense

I can guarantee you that if you both sell AND work in quality vs. price, you will get work.

Knock on doors; there could be a LOT of reasons why it’s still blue tarped.

The day you start to cherry pick based on odd notions* is the day you start setting yourself up for a big fat FAIL.

*It is reasonable to try & bite off large projects like apartments (if you are scaled right for it) while the gettin’ is good; just don’t permanently write off a project because something doesn’t seem to be perfect enough or you get skeered.

I am in Baton Rouge also, and although we concentrate on commercial I have heard through the grapevine that the ins companies are very reluctant to pay out…imagine that.
Good luck.

I get 98% of my insurance work from word of mouth which this year is about 95% of my business.

The storm chasers in my state with the most work go door to door. One is huge, keeps 7 crews busy and has no web site. They don’t advertise, just aggressive door to door pounding.

Quite a few have put up billboards on the interstate.

A lot send out flyers and some even send out kids to sign up home owners.

Some storm chasers are even getting work out of hail smaller than 3/4 inch diameter. They gotta sleep good at night!!!