Reshingle problems

Hi all I just had my roof reshingle and it was NOT a pleasant experience. I should have known better, I found a webpage with a negative opinion about the company I hired after I had made the arrangements so I called them and relayed my concerns to the owner he assured me that everything would be taken care of.

Well having brought out my concerns I was sure there would be no problems, well there was.

They failed to use anything to guard the rain gutters and dented and scratch them badly in three places, they forgot to cut in the two static vents “I had them come back and do this” I’ve been picking up nail and garbage for two days and I have an area i’m not sure about I will insert a image

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm172/cantankerous666/HPIM0545.jpg

that looks like crap

Rookie workmanship and with 3-tabs,I’m sure the rest of the roof doesn’t look much better.Just think about what you can’t see.Sorry about your misfortune with this company,but sometimes your better off spending a few more thousand to get the quality workmanship from a reputable company.

Looks terrible. It is not done correctly i will say that.

Thanks for the feedback it does look like crap I was wondering can he say the the roof is not square thats why it looks like that? I’m just asking cuz I will be calling them back and i can see them trying to say something like that. Is there any excess for this?

This was a reputable company I didn’t take the lowest bid. I got 5 estimates. Man its just so frustrating when you think you done your homework and you STILL take it in the butt!! :evil:

Even when a roof is not square it can be adjusted so it looks right. The crew who did your roof is not very good. None of my roofs ever looked like that even when i started.

I know its too late now,but I would have asked for a list of references close to you and looked at their workmanship and asked the homeowners about their experience with this company.There are many companies that take pride in their workmanship(cleanup is also part of workmanship)

I would have to agree…look wise…the job was done quickly with lower than average workmanship. Now…hopefully the contractor fulfills his obligation and fixes all the problems! Can’t really say much with the one picture showing except the ridge isn’t hard to fix. Its what we can’t see that could pose a problem.

I didn’t check to see where you live but I would check local codes. nails per shingles? Ice/Water shield required? Drip Edge required? etc…Then check your roof… You might be able to use that as ammo…

well genesis,
the fact that you said the word square
along with the picture showing a course just ending
with no ridge insight, tells me that you have a crooked roof.
when you look down it .
its probably not strait.
and if its that bad i say, point i out and make em redo it.

gweedo.

Why the hell would you shingle a flat wiyh three tab??? :x

uh bl.
thats not a flat roof.

rather a picture illusion.

its ok roofer still needs to be yelled at.

gweedo.

I have a NEW problem now I was just wondering what this problem is now and weather I should call back the roofer that did my work. Can anyone tell me what this is in the picture?

I had the new shingles installed in April of this year. We had the old shingles removed so there are only one layer of shingles on the roof. http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm172/cantankerous666/HPIM0682.jpg

The decking is loose. Did they replace the sheet and not nail the end? Or did the nails get pulled during the tearoff by accident and not get renailed?

did you wait for the sun to be in the perfect spot as to cast the largest shadow line.
like we could not see without.

underestimate us, genesis has.

gweedo.

Looks like sagging 3/8s decking from here in the bottom picture, not really something the roofers did.You can clearly see where the rafters and plywood joints are ,and the plywood sagging over the next rafter too.

They could have paid more attention to the last shingle they left out though, looks like crap, they just moved the ridge over to cover the leftout shingle.

Now if your roof looked like this, it would really get my attention.LOL

ooooh sh%!.

i would say as said above…sagging plywood where you see the distinct line. (from the rafter) …

Sags don’t make distinct lines. On the near side of the line is a sag.

[quote=“bushhog109”]Looks like sagging 3/8s decking from here in the bottom picture, not really something the roofers did.You can clearly see where the rafters and plywood joints are ,and the plywood sagging over the next rafter too.

They could have paid more attention to the last shingle they left out though, looks like crap, they just moved the ridge over to cover the leftout shingle.

Now if your roof looked like this, it would really get my attention.LOL

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s4/bushhog_photos/scan0001.jpg[/quote]

Other than a little scuffing looks good to me!!!

They must have gone straight to work from the crack house? Heard of a contractor who had to tell the “roofers” to stop working after he found they were doing the same thing as the above picture.