Repairs,service, and maintenance

Hi,

I am currently creating a service/maintenance program(s) to offer to our customers. It will be geared towards the building owners with large roofs. Does anyone currently do this that is willing to share some info on it? What I plan on doing is offering 3 levels of service. For example the 3 star includes an annual visit, and fixing small cracks splits etc, cleaning the drains and gutters. The highest level includes 3 visits per year and doing significant repairs and providing a warranty for the entire roof system. Giving a budget and roof replacement estimate for long term planning. I have good rough draft started that includes all of the particulars per plan. once I am finished i will share with you guys if you are interested.

Please give me some ideas if you have any.
Thanks

Why would you want to take on the liability of a roof system that you did not install with a warranty? I could see a warranty on the work performed by your company.

it is a great way to get a lot of repair work. i worked for a company that offers a simular program. before you warranty a roof that wasn’t installed by your company you inspect it and recommend certain repairs.(seam overlay, fresh caulk, reflash corners etc.) then if they allow you to make the repairs you offer the warranty. it usually works out to your advantage because if you miss something and have to make a “free” repair under the warranty it can easily be absorbed under the profit generated off of the profit earned off the recommended repairs. plus if you offer great service, it gets your foot in the door come reroof time.

i believe it is a great marketing angle.

one thing… keep your service and production separate. it is hard to do sometimes but don’t let one drag down the other in slow times.

Here is an example.

16 year old epdm fully adhered. We will walk and assess the entire roof system. We will provide the customer with a written report and digital pictures of areas where the roof is beginning to fail. We then present an estimate to fix these areas. We then perform that work for said price. Which usually includes things like resealing penetrations, reflashing curbs, new drains or replace missing parts, reflash walls, seams, etc etc. Now that the roof is in good condition I can feel comfortable issuing a warranty covering the entire roof. I use the warranty to get the contract to do the repairs.

For the customer they know have a roof that has a longer life expectancy due to the pre-ventive maintenance we just performed on the entire system. In addition they now have a warranty covering the entire roof system and a Roofing contractor that they can trust.

maintenace starts from the first year the roof is installed. When the initial installation is completed a maintenece program should be implemented.
The roofs i service have a manufacturers warranty, we inspect these roofs twice a year and make recommendations and perform service as recommended in the condition report. This is the proactive approach and the clients will realise the added benefits when they do not HAVE emergency leaks during every storm AND AFTER 10 to 12 years of maintenance the roofs perform as if they are new. With the proper asset management program in place the total cost of roof maintenance will drop.

[quote=“njroofmanager”]maintenace starts from the first year the roof is installed. When the initial installation is completed a maintenece program should be implemented.
The roofs i service have a manufacturers warranty, we inspect these roofs twice a year and make recommendations and perform service as recommended in the condition report. This is the proactive approach and the clients will realise the added benefits when they do not HAVE emergency leaks during every storm AND AFTER 10 to 12 years of maintenance the roofs perform as if they are new. With the proper asset management program in place the total cost of roof maintenance will drop.[/quote]

In a perfect world yes your right. The majority of roofs do not get preventative maintenance from year one. We are assisting the building owners who have older roofs that didn’t have a maintenance program.