Questionable job...what now?

Hi Everyone! Looking for advice and not sure where to turn. Found this website and looked like a good place to start. I recently had my home and shed roofed by a professional roofing company or so they claimed. Has not been a pleasant experience. Long story but at this point I have no trust of this company remaining. I currently have 2 questions:

1. The overhang edges on the rake sides are terrible. Vary from 1-1/2" to 1/8" so are pretty wavy. The employee they sent to look at it said he will be here along time as they cut through both the starter shingle and roof shingle so he will need to replace shingles where necessary along the edge, then snap a line at 1/2" and knife cut them. Can I get some advice on if this sounds like the right thing to be doing at this point?

2. I am thinking I would like to get an independent inspection of the entire roofing job for my own peace of mind. I cannot get on the roof or in the attic myself and would hate to have issues that escalate before getting to a point where I would know there is a problem. Any opinion on who would be best to have do that? Another roofing company, a home inspector, or someone else?

I am located in MI if that matters on opinion.

Thanks for any help.

Sounds reasonable to me.

Have you paid them yet?
I am just trying to fiqure out if you are reasonable or not.
Since you are unsatisfied with the cosmetics of a rake and looking for someone else to give you a list…

Sounds to me like there is a lot more to the story.

Correct me if I am wrong because I only know what I have been researching online but can wind not be an issue in shingle blow off if overhang is too much? I am surrounded by open fields with a lot of wind so I am concerned And yes, cosmetics also as this crap cutting job is one of the first things people see when they walk up to my house and I do have to look at it also for some 30 years.

I am not looking for someone to give me a list as you say, but rather confirmation that all is well. Yes there is more to the story but I didn’t feel details of those issues were necessary to get an opinion on overhang or inspection. Deceit in license status is just making me want to assure all is/was done correctly so I can relax and enjoy my roof for as long as I should be able to.

If you say it sounds reasonable than I appreciate that opinion and thank you for it.

Where in Michigan are you?