Pulling down a porch

I have a porch on the back of my house. Could someone run me through the procedure of taking it down. I was speaking to a builder a few days back. It is not a really big job, but I don’t want to make any mistakes on removing the roof and beams.

Many thanks,

Steve

youre not holding me responsible if you fall or cut off a limb. That being said, start at the top and work your way down. Take off the roofing materials and throw them off. pull the sheathing. Go down to the level below it with a step ladder and cut out the beams one at a time. Repeat to bottom floor. Use a sawzall or a chain saw. You will also probably need a heavy duty pry bar for the rim joists anchored to the walls. You should probably have another guy to support the weight of the joists while you’re cutting them. Good luck.

Edit: it was late when I responded and I was tired. You may need an impact wrench for the rim joist, maybe a screw gun, depending on how it is attached.

pull it down with a truck and some heavy chains :smiley:

That is how you can damage the existing home also. Take it apart piece by piece is the safest way to go about it.

Hire a demolition copmpany to cut the beams and set the charges. They will sometimes let you push the button, too.

its fun to dismantle quickly!!! :twisted: