Power vents

Something from a liability standpoint struck me today. I just got a re-roof job that needs a new power vent. Does anyone think there could be liability involved with messing with wires on this level? Obviously a power vent is no different than changing a light fixture but officially I’m not an electrician right? What does anyone think about this?

Where I am(B.C,Canada)your not supposed to do it and you would be liable.I don’t know how mine go in.I go down the ladder and when I come up “poof” theres a power vent. :idea:

ive done em in the past, but dont anymore.
hir electrician.

gweedo.

I don’t come across power vents to often and when the occasion does present itself I absolutely do not touch them, and it all as to do with liability.
I do offer them a number to a qualified licensed electrician who has worked for me in the past.

Hi,

If you do not know how to do it, do not do it.

i usually kill them and take em out

LOL :smiley:

Where I am(B.C,Canada)your not supposed to do it and you would be liable.I don’t know how mine go in.I go down the ladder and when I come up “poof” theres a power vent. :idea:

[quote=“Lefty”]Hi,

If you do not know how to do it, do not do it.[/quote]

I feel the same :mrgreen:

Do them all the time. I’m allowed to ‘step out of trade’ in Va. I can’t pretend to be an electrician, and the job cost can’t exceed $250.00.

Usually, an installation work and electrical wiring
must be done by qualified person(s) in
accordance with all applicable codes and
standards, including fire-rated
construction. But, I do it almost on all of my projects.