Pinnacle 35 yr opinion

I’ve been using 35 yr Pinnacle Distinctive Designer
shingles on a few jobs lately, trying to cut down material cost. They are running for 70 a sq here which is big savings comparing to the competitors. I think they are ok. Anybody have opinions on these type? They are made by Atlas.

[quote=“bandproofing”]I’ve been using 35 yr Pinnacle Distinctive Designer
shingles on a few jobs lately, trying to cut down material cost. They are running for 70 a sq here which is big savings comparing to the competitors. I think they are ok. Anybody have opinions on these type? They are made by Atlas.[/quote]

They do have a great shadow line that beats the competition.
I really like all their colors except for the black.
I wont use thier black. It just looks too dull.

As I always tell customers when they tell me that another guy came in a thousand or a few under me and ask me to beat that price. . . you get what you pay for.

In all of my estimates I will spell out what my specs are and then detail out specifically what I will give them and do for them on their roof. When they pull out that card of saying that so and so was one thousand dollars lower than my bid-I say-well, let’s examine line by line what each of us is going to do for you.
Most times when this occurs-I will get the job once the comparisons are spelled out in concise and clear terms.

It’s a cheaper shingle. Opinions will vary.
Their 35 is a 30, their 30 is a 25, and so on.
Look at your weights. They do hav e nice shadow line (feature plus.

dont care what freakin shingle it is theese days.
just put somethin up there.

sorry i lost it there.

gweedo.

it’s a good shingle. you have nothing to worry about.

The 35 year shingle is simply a marketing ploy. No insurance companies recognize a 35 year shingle. No gauge recognizes a 35 year shingle.

thank you for all your input & opinions. I was not questioning the warranty term I know that is just company warranty terms covered for 35 years limited. I was just looking for input more as to quality and appearance opinions and also ease of install things such as packaging,do they stick together bad when trying to pull from stack,are they cut same size etc. I actually prefer GAF when installing because the paper is easier to get into and I was using them for a while then the price increases came and I starting shopping for quality at a less expense. In my opinion so far they are acceptable but I just havent used many of them and thought maybe someone had some good things or maybe bad things to say about them. I always assume that my competitor will try to trash talk my brand when compared to his quote for GAF or Owens. Maybe try to say his are higher quality than mine. I want my opinion to be validated in my mind with some of you guys input. So my argument will be stronger and I like to believe in my offered product.Thanks again everyone one and be safe.

bandproofing got all the work up there in NC.
got all those nascar roof jobs.
one of the few states in the black.

gweedo.

[quote=“gweedo”]bandproofing got all the work up there in NC.
got all those nascar roof jobs.
one of the few states in the black.

gweedo.[/quote]

me no comprendae essay