Ok guys follow up my quotes today

I had one guy come out and he said I had a pitch 8 type roof and it would need 34 squares. He estimated around 5820 with the AR 30 yr. shingle Tamko Brand. The metal guys also came out and estimated around 5500 using the BASF Green Metal type roof. I also had another shingle guy come out and he climbed the roof and estimated 23 squares and will follow up with me tomorrow on the quote with a AR Shingle. I am still debating between the metal and architect type shingle and will probably get a few more estimates before I make my decision… Thanks for all your help guys…

Primey

Why would they tell you how many squares?

Actually have no idea one guy volunteered the info and the other ask me if I had any other estimates and I told him HD and they had told me the est. of squares and he said he got similar results as HD. The one guy told me 33-34 squares similar to Home Depot, but he didn’t actually climb up on the roof estimated it from the ground. The other guy said 23 or so squares and he climbed up there to measure it, so I am waiting on his estimate tomorrow. Thanks for your reply.

Primey

red flag red flag! Trust the guy who actually got up and measured the roof. The one dude who said he is clsoe to HD number of squares is either being LAZY or DISHONEST and or BOTH!

Can you take a far out picture of the front and sides of the home and post them here please. I will be able to tell you aprox how many squares this job really is.

DITTO RIDGEWALKER,HE WHO MEASURES KNOWS,IF YOU HAVE 3-TABS NOW WE CAN COUNT IT FROM THE GROUND(WXH)

Funny. I got paid by the square for a long time, I can look at a deck and tell you the area to within a bundle or two. The problem is that there is a huge difference between 23 and 34 squares. Want to find out who the idiot is? Get another estimate and ask him the squares, lol. Sad.

[quote=“RidgeWalker”]red flag red flag! Trust the guy who actually got up and measured the roof. The one dude who said he is clsoe to HD number of squares is either being LAZY or DISHONEST and or BOTH!

Can you take a far out picture of the front and sides of the home and post them here please. I will be able to tell you aprox how many squares this job really is.[/quote]

I sent you a email with the links to my photobucket site at the bottom of the page. Thanks for your time and appreciate your help…

Primey

Yeah thanks I just looked at them. The roof is not an 8/12 pitch it’s closer to 6/12. But seeing that I can not count the shignle tabs I cant calculate the size. But from experiance it looks closer to 30 squares then it does 23.

Thanks for your insight and helpful information.
From your experience I have had 2 AR Shingle Estimates 1 with the Tamko 30 it was 5,820 and HD hit me with around 9,000k with Timberlines what would be a fair price you think on this particular type of roof…Thanks again,

Primey

with 34 squares, the low bid is too low, even for roll roofing.

This is FUN! Post pics someone!

really

I love home depot. The prices they give are outrageous - they sub everything out to peeps who don’t know how to do roofing - and I get to go back and make more $$ on the fixes.
Home Depot in our area is one of the highest bids out there. Rarely do they get the job when I am doing the sale against them. The only thing they have is the “big” name and reputation."

just measure how much floor sq footage u have,
and if its close to 20 i can assure you your roofs
not 23 sq not even close.
now if the floor measures 1500-1700 you may have
23 sq of roof.

if your gettin charged 2 or 3 hundred a sq.
uh ten sqs alot a money.

gweedo.