Northwest Florida Re-Roof Code 10/2007?

I live in Panama City, Florida. I have been told that the re-roof codes have changed effective October 2007. I have looked on the web for specifications, however, no luck or looking in the wrong places.

Can someone describe the new requirements?
I understand that they are different specifications for houses depending on the market(assessed value), less 300k, more than 300k. In my case its the lesser.

Some of the items
re-nail the sheathing with xD ringshank nails.

Install either 4" peel/stick over each sheathing joint, then felt paper.

Or Install peel/stick entire sheathing, then shingles.

Any help on this appreciated, getting ready to tearoff/replace 28sq’s. DIY or hire a contractor, depending on contractor costs.

Thanks in advance…BobFlyer
Nice Board

All I an say is, Wow, excessive overkill.
I guess that is what it takes to have a roof last in Florida.

How long does a roof last in Florida?
Until the next Hurricane?

On Houses greater than 300k, the sheathing around the load bearing walls needs to be removed, then have the walls,trusses, tied with hurricane clips, then sheathing replaced. This is for houses that were built prior to xxxx year, I think 1996 but not sure. Clips need to be inspected, but I’m sure there are not enough inspectors to fill the job, in the meantime, the house is open around the edges??? More government…

I have called the local code office for clarification, but so far, I have not been able to nail down the specifications.

Maybe I should wait till a Hurricane blows off my roof, then get it repaired/replaced. Only problem, the deductable is so high, it would most likely come out of my pocket. 2% of insured value is the deductable.

BobFlyer

My local county(sarasota) has the info up on the building dept web page. If you just tape the joints, the tape will show thru to the finished roof covering. Its cheaper to use polglass IRX peel and stick in lieu of felt, on the entire deck surface.

Assuming this is a shingle roof, you can put a second layer of shingles. By doing this you avoid the new code changes.

James

1. If a hurricane is going to take your entire roof, (shingles with minimal to no impact damage) then chances are you’ll lose a lot of other stuff like a shed, screened in porch, etc. If you do have damages approaching the deductible, you’ll be hunting with a microscope to find something else to add to the claim.

2. The idea behind having to peel & stick the whole place or @ least tape the joints is so that if you DO lose all or part of your roof & the felt goes as well, you’ll @ least be able to stay dry until the blue tarp patrol shows up (Boy, do I love me some blue tarp money! Just wish it could have worked out that I got to make some!!).

3. IIRC, tie plated trusses connecting into rebar walls started to become code in West Palm / Broward / Dade / Monroe couties around '93 or so, just a bit after Hurricane Andrew came through. You want to talk about trying to keep up with an ever changing target in regards to code, that was a hellacious time.

if your worried about your roof blowing of then screw a down a metal roof.
they were the only roofs left that i saw after a hurricane.

but yeah theyre wanting the deck refastened basically.
and peel n stick for underlayment is the hottest thing.
and theyre wanting all rafters straped to wall top.
most houses are built that way.
the ones that were not, you have to take up deck, over wall , and strap rafters.

sounds like you will be allrite.

good luck,
wish you were closer to me.

gweedo

So the roofers are supposed to fix the framing?

some would argue your supposed to bring in carpenter.
but im sure some roofers, and homeowners are doin it themselves,
down here the inspectors just look to make shure its done, not who did it.

the roofs ive done since oct 7, allready had straps.

gweedo.

Yes, it’s most definitely going to add cost to the roof & yes, it’s the customer who will be paying this extra expense.

Now the only issue is who is going to go “full price” for this extra labor & who is going to throw in some of this to secure the job?

Gweedo, after Hurricane Andrew it didn’t matter what kind of roof you had. I saw the best screw down roofs get worked over like Mike Tyson sitting in front of a bowl of ears.

the same thing happened in Southern LousyAnna & East Texas… honestly, the mixture of shingles to metal failure was, IMO, more a result of what bounced off the roof, the way it was installed (i.e. mfg. specs) or the age more than simply a screwdown metal system.

wow gold
wow gold kaufen
wow geld
wow geld kaufen
buy wow gold
cheap wow gold
gold wow
wow gold
wow gold kaufen
wow geld
wow geld kaufen
buy wow gold
cheap wow gold
gold wow
wow gold
wow gold kaufen
wow geld
wow geld kaufen
buy wow gold
cheap wow gold
gold wow
wow gold
buy wow gold
cheap wow gold
wow po
wow or
gold wow
wow gold
buy wow gold
cheap wow gold
wow po
wow or
gold wow
wow gold
buy wow gold
cheap wow gold
wow po
wow or
gold wow

wow gold
wow gold kaufen
wow geld
wow geld kaufen
buy wow gold
cheap wow gold
gold wow
wow gold 5000
wow gold
wow gold kaufen
wow geld
wow geld kaufen
buy wow gold
cheap wow gold
gold wow
wow gold billig
wow gold
wow gold kaufen
wow geld
wow geld kaufen
buy wow gold
cheap wow gold
gold wow
wow gold cheap
wow gold
wow gold kaufen
wow geld
wow geld kaufen
buy wow gold
cheap wow gold
gold wow
wow gold euro
wow gold
wow po
wow or
dofus kamas

well i disagree with ya ranchhand,
i worked in kendall after andrew for months
and 5 v crimp with exsposed screws is simply the best in high winds, and many survived in neighborhoods were all the tile or shingle roofs blew off.

same with punta gorda. the only roofs on there after
hurricane charlie was 5v also.

not standing seam, ive seen them blown off all over the state.
im talkin bout 5 v crimp with a screw every sq ft.

they just dont blow off.

ill put it to ya like this,
ive never seen a 5v crimp roof blown off with a shingle roof next to it still on.
i have seen the opposite many times.

so yeah i disagree.

gweedo