New roof, is this ripple normal?

My husband and I are purchasing a new home and we paid for a new roof to be installed prior to closing. Neither of us have knowledge about roofing so I was hoping I could get some opinions to help guide us. We live in Oregon where it rains, a lot, this time of year. I was still surprised to see the roofers start the job when the weather forecast was solid rain for a week, and the roof was started and then left tarped a few days before finishing. I can’t say with 100% certainty that the old rood didn’t have this issue, but I feel that I would have noticed it if it did. The new roof was completed a week or so ago, and I did a drive by and instantly noticed a rather large vertical ripple. I took a photo (same one that I inided here) and sent it to our realtor - who passed it along to our roofer. He says “it’s probably a rafter which is normal for a house. It’s part of the house and there’s not much we can do. It’s not an issue other than aesthetics.” Is this accurate? I feel that on a brand new roof it should look nicer than that, and I worry it may cause issues for us down the road. I have done some research and maybe this is due to cold weather? It wasn’t that cold, maybe 50’s at the time of installation. I am mostly concerned about water involvement with the rain. Any insights would be very helpful to us - we don’t want to pay more $ for another roofer to inspect unless we really feel it’s needed. Thank you!!!

I think it is most likely that the overhang has developed a slight sag over time (very common) and that is what is making that hump stand up slightly. If that’s the case yes it is 100% cosmetic only and no cause for alarm. I also suspect it was there the whole time, people hardly ever look at their roofs till you replace them. In fact I always take pics and point out areas like that to homeowners before I ever even touch their roof, to avoid the “it wasn’t like that before…”.

Some here may tell you that its an issue with them shingling over underlayment with wrinkles (other roofers believe in that but I am skeptical), but I have never seen this cause visible humps in my 15 years of roofing.

Thank you very much for your response! Our main concern is that the roof will function properly and not lose any life due to the ripple. You are very correct that I didn’t specifically examine the roof prior to the replacement so it could well have been on the original. Is the roofing in the rain not much of a concern? I have heard so many bad things from people about that in the last 2 weeks and they’ve got me feeling uneasy. But in Oregon, if people didn’t roof in the rain, they would only have about 3 months to work each year.

Also, I don’t know roof lingo at all. When you say it could be the “overhang”, is that the same thing our roofer mentioned when he refers to the “rafter”? Sorry if that’s a very silly question!

+1. Looks like a saggy overhang. Overhang refering to the overhanging part of the roof. When it sags it pushs up a bit at the connection to the main house.
Not the end of the world, something that can be dealt with at the next reroof.

It won’t cause any issue. A good roofer should be able to work around the rain.