New construction . prices

MY HUSBAND IS WORKING IN HOUSTON TEXAS AND HE IS STARTING A NEW CONSTRUCTION JOB BUT BEFORE HE DOES I NEED SOMEBODY TO PLEASE TELL ME IF YA KNOW WHUT THE GOING PRICE IS ON A NEW CONSTRUCTION AROUND A 8 OR 9 PITCH??

20 percent off at taco bell

I DON’T GET IT…

maybe 20 a square, texas is pretty low on price.

Around here guys are doing new construction walkable for about $45 a square plus materials. Supposedly insured and licensed companies but we know how that goes. Half the guys are paid under the table and the other half have carpentry insurance instead of roofing insurance.

At $45 a square I’d be losing well over $20 out of my pocket per square since MY COST to do the roof is over $65 a square labor only.

I don’t go on the new stuff for anything less than $50 a square labor. 8-9’s would bring $60-65 a square labor.

Right now have a new 12/12 we are plugging away at and figure the labor charge will be around $90 a square.

There is so much more money to be had doing the insurance stuff…

we do absolutly no new construction.

hey u guys i really appreciate ur answers it has reaaly helped me out i am from houston born and raised but move in 2000 to alabama so was not informed pricewise on the roofing buisiness out there cause i have not been back since just to visit but like i said yall helped me out alot thanx…very much…

around $200. to $300. per square for no frills new construction.
We have some builders that we do all there roofs.

Same here, we do absolutely no new construction.
There was a time when you could get $40 to $60 per square but those days are long gone.
The last new construction job I bid on, I bid $35 a square and another crew got the job for $17. The builder asked if I could beat $17 and I laughed at him.

If it wasn’t for my builders I would have done about $200K less in insurance jobs in the past three years.

The home owner gets storm damage they call the builder and the builder gives them my name and number.

Right now working on a $200K claim with one of my builders of which $90K is for roofing.

If the storm work ever goes away I will take all the new stuff. Right now though the new stuff is not wanted.

BTW, new construction earned me six figures back before I was 20.

SW Arkansas we are getting 25$ walkable $35 7 & up on pitch.A lot of competition in this area.